Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

ANA BOARD-WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?

The ANA will announce the results of the ANA election this Wednesday afternoon at 4:30PM MDT which is 6:30PM in the east, 5:30PM in the midwest and 3:30PM on the west coast. Who gets elected and the spread of the votes will tell a lot about the direction the organization takes going forward in my opinion. We shall see! Steve

=============================================================================================

The bi-annual voting for board members of the ANA is underway. I remember four years ago we had a poll of people on the CU forums. Two years ago there was no competition. This year there are 14 candidates for 7 seats on the board. Walt Ostromecki will be President and Jeff Garrett will be Vice President. The other 14 candidates for the 7 governor seats are:

1. Gary Adkins - current member
2. Scott Barman
3. Steve D'Ippolito
4. Mike Ellis - current member
5. Bill Hyder
6. Richard Jozefiak
7. Greg Lyon - current member
8. Tom Mulvaney
9. Oded Paz
10. Ralph Ross
11. Scott Rottinghaus - current member
12. Laura Sperber
13. Jeff Swindling
14. Jeff Wuller

If you are an ANA member who IS voting, please wait until you actually vote before posting here.
If you are NOT an ANA member or you are just not voting BUT you'd like to express your preferences please list one up to seven names here in your reply.

In a couple of weeks I will provide a link on the Coin Forum to this thread so we can get input from everyone who wants to participate. I would suggest you read the bios and watch the videos of the candidates forum that is available on the internet BEFORE you vote here. If you ARE a voting ANA member, check the members section of the www.money.org web site for all this information or read the June issue of the Numismatist.

I know it is vertually impossible to limit the replies here to just your choices for the ANA board so if you want to explain the WHY of your choices, that is OK too. I do ask that you do not discuss OTHER ANA matters here. Start another topic.

My hope is that this poll, while obviously not scientific, will at least represent the feelings of the CU forum and be of interest to this community.

Thanks,
Steveimageimage

Comments

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    I mailed my votes in yesterday. I will say the Laura was my first vote!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>Voted for Laura (and only Laura) >>

Me too.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. 3 votes for Laura. 0 named for others.
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Laura and Ralph Ross only! I hope every incumbent is soundly defeated.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I have now voted for the ANA board of governors. My choices are:
    Walt Ostromecki for President
    Jeff Garrett for Vice President
    Greg Lyon for Governor
    William Hyder for Governor
    Laura Sperber for Governor
    Scott Rottinghaus for Governor
    Jeff Wuller for Governor
    Scott Barman for Governor
    Richard Jozefiak for Governor

I have chosen 5 NEW people who I believe will help improve the ANA's current perception as a poorly managed organization. I think Laura has the visability to "shake things up" if she can. This can be good or it can be bad. We shall see. Getting the new web site up and running and drawing in new coin collectors to the ANA should be a high goal. The ANA will still have to deal with the lawsuit from Larry and the possible lawsuit from Jeff. I'm anxious to see how the membership voted and whether more members participated this year than in the past. I believe July 16th is the day we find out. Steve image
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We sent in 3 votes for Laura and 3 for Ralph Ross. We did not vote for President or Vice President.