Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Deleting a Registry Set

What does it take to get a retired set completely obliterated from the Set Registry? The last time I asked the person who replied seemed totally clueless as to what I was asking to have done.

Thanks,
Steve
1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would email BJ as I believe I have had this done before when she was in charge of the sets.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224
    I emailed BJ previously when I wanted a set deleted and she took care of it ... very happy with her work. The last time I emailed BJ I received a reply from Cosetta who didn't have a clue what I was asking for.
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    You must be talking about deleting an "All Time Finest Retired Set" .. Only PCGS can remove a retired set from the registry. This is also the only way "you" (same owner), can reuse coins from a retired set in the same category.
    Dan
  • Options
    coinman1889coinman1889 Posts: 89 ✭✭
    1. Contact PCGS set registry by phone and actually talk with staff and explain exactly what it is you are wanting to do.
    2. If no one is available email PCGS set registry and request a retired set be re-activated. Then delete all the coins within the set. Make sure not your inventory unless sold already. Once all coins have been removed from the re-activated set then retire the set.
    3. By doing this you can use your same coins in the same type set you just removed and deleted them in step #2. which frees you up to use them again.