Home Precious Metals
Options

Near term key reversal for metals?

bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
Sure looks like a possibility, especially for silver. Volume seems to be there.

As usual, time will tell.

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Up like a rocket now!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    key reversal? So you believe we'll see a retracement back to what, 5 bucks?

( P.S. Let me just state that I have always thought silver was overpriced after hitting 7 bucks. )
  • Options

<< <i>key reversal? So you believe we'll see a retracement back to what, 5 bucks?

( P.S. Let me just state that I have always thought silver was overpriced after hitting 7 bucks. ) >>

?
  • Options
    ??
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    ???
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    ????
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>key reversal? So you believe we'll see a retracement back to what, 5 bucks?

( P.S. Let me just state that I have always thought silver was overpriced after hitting 7 bucks. ) >>

I thought it was overpriced after hitting 27 bucks. Thought the same thing about oil............
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is anybody really selling at these prices or is it all just a big game image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So is anybody really selling at these prices or is it all just a big game image

GrandAm image >>

My dude at my local shop said NOBODY has been selling him anything when I went last week. He's begging for stuff to come in but he can't buy at these levels.
  • Options
    Doesn't really matter what the retail public is doing. What matters is what the traders are doing with the big $$. We won't know that till after it happens, maybe. Anyone know what's going on there? Otherwise image
  • Options
    Can you say BETA?
    The key reversal that flashed yesterday, is in danger of being swallowed whole today.

If the lows from yesterday hold, could still have at least short term bottom, but this kind of volatility is a few standard deviations away from the norm.
    Should get interesting, but short term trading it right now, is not for widows and orphans, or most for that matter.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Doesn't really matter what the retail public is doing. What matters is what the traders are doing with the big $$. We won't know that till after it happens, maybe. Anyone know what's going on there? Otherwise image >>

Of course it matters as the paper and physical markets are different markets. If you want to buy metals in bulk quantity (ie tonnes of gold) you can forget the NY or London paper
    prices. That kind of qty sells for stiff premiums, if you can find it. The day is coming where the paper markets will not determine the prices of gold and silver. I suspect the paper
    markets will either go away or be totally revamped to be cash only markets (ie no margin).
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    RR - doesn't volitility increase margins?

So if things go south or fly north for that matter why would margins go to zero? Am I out of my realm again?image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>RR - doesn't volitility increase margins?

So if things go south or fly north for that matter why would margins go to zero? Am I out of my realm again?image >>

What you said is correct. But by increasing margin % means that contract price heads towards 100% cash up front. No more 4-1 to 8-1 leverage or whatever it is, but 1-1.
    And at that point, the future's market is sort of superfluous. No more margin trading. And once Comex empties its vaults of gold.....no more gold trading.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold