Home Precious Metals
Options

War Nickels - Worth anything over melt?

vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
Just got my shipment of war nickels that I paid way too much for. I see plenty of nice BU coins in there. Is it worth separating them from the rest? Any numismatic value in them?
References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.

Comments

• Options
    Already spotted a nice rainbow toned 1942. Some of these look really nice. Like someone emptied a couple of fresh-from-the-mint rolls into the bag.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    Search carefully for the 43P DDO ... they are out there and worth a significant premium!
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see plenty of nice BU coins in there. Is it worth separating them from the rest? Any numismatic value in them?

Awesome, yes, and yes

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got my shipment of war nickels that I paid way too much for. I see plenty of nice BU coins in there. Is it worth separating them from the rest? Any numismatic value in them? >>

You might not have paid way too much if there's a lot of nice BU pcs. Those will bring a premium.
  • Options

<< <i>Search carefully for the 43P DDO ... they are out there and worth a significant premium! >>

That and the 1943/2 overdate.
  • Options
    Thanks! 28 BU coins in there. I'll check for the DDO and overdate!
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1942PS and 1944PDS are worth upwards of $250 for a BU roll. 1943PDS and 1945PDS are less, but BU rolls are still in 3 figures.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)