Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some new images

I recently discovered how to extract my images from the PCGS web site (d'oh!), so I'm showing off these newly discovered (by me!) images of some coins I got not too long ago.

This one is a Innocent XI Papal States Testone, dated 1684, and graded MS66. Its eye appeal is out of this world, as one would expect from its grade.

This one is a 1789 Francescone (10 Paoli) from Tuscany, Dav-1518, and graded MS64+. It is denoted "ETR" variety on the insert, but to be honest I do not really know why that is significant.

The obverse is of Leopold II, and was Holy Roman Emperor and King of Hungary and Bohemia from 1790 to 1792, Archduke of Austria and Grand Duke of Tuscany from 1765 to 1790. He was a son of Emperor Francis I and his wife, Empress Maria Theresa.

It is a duplicate, of sorts, to my 1787 piece:

I've compared these two coins at length, and cannot see what is the "ETR" significance. Anyone?

And, my final image, is of a coin I got from NEN last year that was in an NGC holder and crossed recently at first try.

1789 Tallero from Venice, Dav-1575, and grade MS64. It's a terrific coin, and the haymarks are much less visible in hand. Great luster.

The obverse is of Ludovico Manin the final Doge of Venice, elected in 1789 and forced to abdicate by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1797.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments