Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Charmy's 2013 ANA NEW ORLEANS REPORT w/Lots and Lots of Pics!!! NEW EXTRA PHOTOS AT END

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again everyone!

So, I mentioned at the end of my report that I was seeing the Rolling Stones this week. Well, I hope you don't mind a little (more) OT, but it was such a FANTASTIC concert, that I wanted to share some of my photos. These guys may be elderly and a bit weathered looking, not to mention skinny, but they absolutely still have it. Mick sounded as good as ever, Keith was amazing as always, and they put on a energetic, non-stop show - and special guest John Mayer popped in for one perfect bluesy number too! Now my rock group bucket list is complete - it almost feels as good as when I completed my Indian cent set - ok, not quite, but close!

Video of "Start Me Up"

[/URL]">Start Me Up
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
    "The Penny Lady" - Almost everything she does make Cents!
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Cool! Thanks for sharing. You can save money on $15 beers when going to a Stones concert by having your fill of drinks the week prior in, say New Orleans.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880
    Ya know what Charmy? I've been to two Rolling Stones concerts. Both of them were in the early 70s. Tickets were $6.00. The antics that went on in the crowd was almost as fun as the Stones. You didn't have to worry about beer. You would get high just by breathing the air.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great addition. Actually quite on topic - weren't the earliest coins "rolling stones" or am I mixing that up with the invention of the wheel?
  • Options
    Saw them in 2002 in Tacoma, WA... great stuff! I'm glad you and the hubby got to go image
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great report, Charmy. Reminds me of my trip to N.O. about 12 years ago....had a great time, although it did not do as well at Harrahs.

Thanks for a many greats pics. Still a bit bothered by the large number of beads!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file