Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's going on with 4 sharp corners?

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a bad experience with them? I've been buying from then off and on for about a year and a half and so far haven't had any bad experiences with them, except for some badly scuffed cases. They have a ton of nice items and most of their stuff is reasonably priced. I was on Ebay tonight looking at some of their new cards and noticed 96 negatives in the last 12 months!. That's quite a bit. I'm sure some of them are unwarranted, as certain buyers are a pain in the you know what. It also seems to be hard to reach them as I've sent emails in the past with no response. Just wondering if everything is ok with them. Thanks fellas

Jimmy
Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

Comments

• Options
    With all that money they make, they should invest in a better scanner. I've passed up on their cards because of the blurry images and it doesn't let me see the corners too well. Oh, and I've heard that's just typical service your getting there.
  • Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    I've purchased several cards from 4SC in the past and have found them very helpful when I've had a question about a card. My only pet peeve is that their shipping is a little slow when buying on eBay. I've found that when buying off of their site, the shipping is generally quicker.
    I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard horror stories of people not receiving the cards they ordered so it could be a case of someone placing a large order and something went bad.
  • Options
    My only issue is they never scan the backside of the card, and if they have multiple PSA 10s, they scan one card and what you get is what you get. Otherwise I have had no problem with service.
  • Options

<< <i>Just wondering if anyone has ever had a bad experience with them? I've been buying from then off and on for about a year and a half and so far haven't had any bad experiences with them, except for some badly scuffed cases. They have a ton of nice items and most of their stuff is reasonably priced. I was on Ebay tonight looking at some of their new cards and noticed 96 negatives in the last 12 months!. That's quite a bit. I'm sure some of them are unwarranted, as certain buyers are a pain in the you know what. It also seems to be hard to reach them as I've sent emails in the past with no response. Just wondering if everything is ok with them. Thanks fellas

Jimmy >>

Actually, considering the 87,000 feedbacks they received, 96 negatives is really good for a year.

1 month 6 months 12 months
    Positive 6056 43468 87316
    Neutral 5 25 38
    Negative 2 82 96

So they are actually better than most big seller who settle for 93% or better. Further, as a seller, I would say about 50% on eBay buyers leave feedback. Maybe more. Amazon its in the realm of 15-20% of sales you get feedback. But I think eBay is a little more due to its established and better known feedback system.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Thats true Mygotta I didn't think about that. They have thousands of transactions and out of 87000 a few negatives isn't the end of the world. Also you can't please everybody. I'm sure that some of the negatives were unwarranted.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats true Mygotta I didn't think about that. They have thousands of transactions and out of 87000 a few negatives isn't the end of the world. Also you can't please everybody. I'm sure that some of the negatives were unwarranted. >>

That may be true. However, in my case they sent me the wrong card and then had me chasing them for 2 months. I could never get the
    same story from them. Finally they just sent me a refund.

Bottom line. Regardless of the cards they have, their customer service is very poor and they actually MADE UP STORIES to cover for
    their mistake rather than admit the truth that they screwed up. And once a customer does log a call with them about a problem that
    customer should not have to chase them for follow-up!

I haven't bought form them in more than a year. I won't deal with a vendor who behaves this way because you have no way to be sure
    they won't behave the same way again in the future.

Dave
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I've bought a few cards from them without any problem. Their pictures arent the greatest, I've had to email them a few times about the condition, to which they responded quickly. I have been a little irritated with the quality of some Psa 10's I bought in the past, but I guess thats more of an issue with psa!
    Overall good experience
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    "That may be true. However, in my case they sent me the wrong card and then had me chasing them for 2 months. I could never get the
    same story from them. Finally they just sent me a refund.

Bottom line. Regardless of the cards they have, their customer service is very poor and they actually MADE UP STORIES to cover for
    their mistake rather than admit the truth that they screwed up. And once a customer does log a call with them about a problem that
    customer should not have to chase them for follow-up!

I haven't bought form them in more than a year. I won't deal with a vendor who behaves this way because you have no way to be sure
    they won't behave the same way again in the future."

If this happened to me I wouldn't buy from them again either. So far the only thing that's happen'ed to me were the badly scuffed cases which are on some of the star cards in my 80 Topps set that I think I'm going to get reholdered. It's an extreme eyesore every time I pull my cards out to take a look. I've had a couple emails go unnoticed but that's about it with them. Just curious as to how they treat others. thanks

Jimmy
  • Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    On two completely separate occasions, I've received a package of cards that I didn't even order. One was a 10 or 25 ct lot of '86 Fleer Jose Canseco cards; I don't recall what the other package was. Both times I emailed them and got the correct buyer's address and forwarded the package for them at my expense.

I figured this was a good investment for future karma.
  • Options
    Minor issues but usually treated like a valued customer. I call them up when I have issues and get them resolved quickly. Overall they are great! I order from them once or twice a week.
  • Options
    Have spent thousands with 4SC and only one minor problem that whole time, a simple scratched holder which was quickly replaced!
  • Options
    I left one of those negs. After giving them many opportunities to correct their mistake, all I received was poor service and an email saying they were not going to fix it. It was like they didn't care. So they were the recipients of my first neg. I have bought very little from them since. Saves me from their high BIN prices.

• Options
    Ive dealt with them, they seem to be starting the 'we're too big to give service'. No matter the deal, Ill buy from someone who appreciates my business, its not like they are selling everyone 1 of 1 cards, you can buy elsewhere
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    There website is like working with "dial up" and there are times where the search engine finds nothing even though the cards are listed. Fortunately I've never had any bad experiences buying and receiving my items, and their employee Tracy has always been helpful.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I have bought hundreds of cards and spent quite a bit over the last few years with them. Overall I have been pleased with the product (a lot of 70's Kelloggs). Pricing can be a bit high, but when I get started on a set, I like to get key cards quick and I usually don't fuss too much about a couple of bucks. I continue to buy from them.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    I tried to but two cards off their website for just over $100 on Saturday and for some reason the order didn't get processed. The cards do not show up in my cart but when I go to my account it shows the last order as "awaiting payment". I emailed them over 48 hours ago and have not heard back. To me that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, considering the 87,000 feedbacks they received, 96 negatives is really good for a year.
    >>

Really good?!?

prewarcardcollector - 19551 positives, 0 negs.
  • Options
    Will never buy from them again.

I've bought over-graded cards from them more then once.

PSA 9's with bent corners.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Talk about a misleading intro.

96 negatives in the past 12 months? Sure -- but they also have 87,298 positive feedbacks in the last twelve months.

Doing a little math here, and that seems to be a 99.9% customer satisfaction rating.

Personally, I know the good and bad of 4SC. Being aware of this, I know what I'm getting into when I bid.

Good luck
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    I posted an order issue I had with them and they resolved it for me. It took a few shipments but they eventually got it correct.