Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

NEW MODELS: Card Vault Graded Card Cases (75 CARD & 750 CARD CAPACITIES)

2»

Comments

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    I am interested in a few of these cases, possibly. the area I have to work with is 24" x 18". height is not a problem. can you tell me which one would best suite my needs and if there is a price break if I were to buy 3 or more...also, please lemme know the amount of psa holders that each case would hold. I also have a few sgc holders peppered through out the collection...

please hit me direct at yahoo...
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have experience with the 200m version which has wheels, and when the handle is extended is it comfortable to roll and not bump your legs - for someone 6 foot or taller? Also, when the handle is stowed and being carried does it fully tuck away under the case and out of sight. Thank you in advance for the help.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    OK, now I'm interested in this product too.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    KendallCat

Here's what I can tell you:

I used a model 200M at National this year without any issues (and actually used the case as a "chair" when I sat down in front of a table and started
    going through cards. I am just 6' tall, so I can't tell you what it would have been like if I was 2"-4" taller with absolute certainty, but given that taller
    people generally also have longer arms I don't believe you would have any significant issues.

As for the retractible handle, it telescopes in on the back of the case and does not stick out vertically above the top of the case when retracted (as can
    be seen from the pictures). It does add to the thickness of the back of the case, but the case is still certified for use as airline carry-on so the extra thickness
    does not cause any problem in that regard.

The Model 200M holds approximately 225 standard sized PSA cards (based on the original slabs). Other TPG slabs tend to be a bit thicker, so the capacity is
    reduced accordingly. The storage configuration for this model is 4 rows of 53 slabs each (212) + 2 pockets of 7 slabs each (14).

Hope that helps. If you need more info our email is collectiblestorage@hotmail.com

Dave
  • Options
    70Topps - great details and thanks for the info. Makes it a lot easier to understand the specs on it. I saw them for sale at the National in Chicago, and looked for them in Cleveland but did not see them. Wife wanted ideas for anniversary present next month, and I think we have a winner!
  • Options
    any updates here on order status? tried sending ya an email a few days ago with no answer....
  • Options
    I have already been told my Christmas present this year will be one of these! Yeah wife image
  • Options
    Wondering if these are still being offered for sale? Or if there is any kind of backorder before the holidays. Sent a PM and email, let me know if they were not received and I can resend. Thanks!
  • Options
    Me too - Christmas is around the corner so my present is getting closer!
  • Options
    No PM or email received in last few days.

Correct email address is collectiblestorage@hotmail.com

Dave
  • Options
    Sorry - PM turned on now. Thank you!

Received your email and appreciate the extra effor in getting in contact with me.
  • Options
    I got 3 of these cases last week. not the 300, but the rolling 200s and am absolutely content with them. I soaked one w/ a hose to ensure water tightness and fit perfectly in the safe as the dims provided were spot on. the only downfall...i'll probably have to order another 3 in a few months. stupid addiction.
  • Options

<< <i>I got 3 of these cases last week. not the 300, but the rolling 200s and am absolutely content with them. I soaked one w/ a hose to ensure water tightness and fit perfectly in the safe as the dims provided were spot on. the only downfall...i'll probably have to order another 3 in a few months. stupid addiction. >>

Looking to get the rolling 200 and my wife is getting me one for Christmas - don't know if the 56 Mantle will be under the tree this yearimage
    Thanks for the great review, and on the rolling 200 do the wheels tuck away where you cannot see them when carrying the case? Also, price is how much on the 200 rolling - might need to pull the trigger now?
  • Options
    I bought 3 and used my fedex number, so my price might actually not be appropriate to quote considering, but as for the wheels, they protrude a little bit. no more than a carry on piece of luggage though. the handle does not protrude at all. which brings me to another reason I chose the 200m...should you travel, these can actually go thru the gate and not have to be checked in. considering the investment both monetary and sentimental, I wouldn't want some delta employees destroying my collection and wouldn't want it to leave my site.

but as stated, these things rock and will be ordering more....

thanks again, david!!

officially done w. my cheap plug!
  • Options

<< <i>I bought 3 and used my fedex number, so my price might actually not be appropriate to quote considering, but as for the wheels, they protrude a little bit. no more than a carry on piece of luggage though. the handle does not protrude at all. which brings me to another reason I chose the 200m...should you travel, these can actually go thru the gate and not have to be checked in. considering the investment both monetary and sentimental, I wouldn't want some delta employees destroying my collection and wouldn't want it to leave my site.

but as stated, these things rock and will be ordering more....

thanks again, david!!

officially done w. my cheap plug! >>

Thanks for your kind words. We're always looking for feedback on ways to make these cases even better.

I happen to agree with you about checking them as luggage. I would NEVER be checking my Card Vaults as luggage on ANY airline. I have no worries about damage (as we spared no expense to come up with the ultimate protective case we could), but I would never want to risk the loss or theft of the case. I want mine within reach in the overhead near my seat, PERIOD! If that means I can't fly with my model 300s then so be it. The model 200M (and model 200) work fine as carry-ons.

The 200 also can go through the gate, but fully loaded with 240 PSA cards they weigh-in around 37 pounds. If you happen to be at the last gate on the Concourse that can be a bit heavy to carry all the way out there in some airports. The wheels/handle version of the 200M reduced the capacity by about 15 cards, but it eliminates the weight issue (plus the retractable handle can act as a "seat back" when you bring the case to a show and want to use the case as a chair and sit down on it in front of a dealer table and go through a stack of cards).

BTW Bob, when not traveling you should be able to stack your cases neatly using the "stacking ribs" that are molded into the body of each case.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Just tried resending.

I'm looking for a Model 300 to ZIP 11706

my email is ryan@leaseideas.com >>

Please turn your PM on. Email sent this evening too.

Dave
  • Options
    oh, they are stacked safely away in the vault. should the hurricane ever hit, I am now locked and loaded and ready to go out the door in seconds.
  • Options
    double post

Dave
  • Options
    Email sent - time to pull the trigger!
  • Options
    TTT

Dave
  • Options
    shameless plug alert!!!

I ordered 3 of these last year and they are amazing.

• Options
    Bump to announce new models and pre-order/end-of-year incentive

SEE DETAILS AT TOP OF FIRST POST IN THE THREAD

New case models for 75 cards and 800 cards.

Dave
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I take it those are the updated models and prices on page 1? or should i be looking on a particular site? just wanted to double check...may be be making a purchase or two...thanks for sharing
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    TTT

Dave
  • Options
    Great cases and love mine that I picked up last year. I can literally stand on it and cards are fine. Do you have any photos yet of the new designs?
  • Options
    JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    I thought there were pictures of the new designs at one point, but I can't find them. Did they get taken down?
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 6:11PM

Hello Dave, if I order a case before the National, can you bring it there? If you are going, that is.

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

I could use a change in foam insert if available/possible

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Dave, any word on MODEL 305: GRADED PACK CARD VAULT? Thanks!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

We were on backorder for the past few months on all models but I spoke to Matt Miller today and they have caught up quite a bit on large government orders so I should be able to restock on all models in the next 4-6 weeks.

I’m working on putting together a restocking order in the next few days. A model 305 can be made a part of that order if you need another one.

I’ll give you a call. If anyone else needs a Card Vault case please send me a pm

Dave
  • Options

I sent you a PM last week and you haven't responded.

@70ToppsFanatic said:
    We were on backorder for the past few months on all models but I spoke to Matt Miller today and they have caught up quite a bit on large government orders so I should be able to restock on all models in the next 4-6 weeks.

I’m working on putting together a restocking order in the next few days. A model 305 can be made a part of that order if you need another one.

I’ll give you a call. If anyone else needs a Card Vault case please send me a pm

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

@skrezyna23 said:
    I sent you a PM last week and you haven't responded.

I did too and haven't heard but he was very helpful in some PM's prior to this last one even offering to talk over the phone on what would best suit my needs. He's probably just busy or maybe on vacation. I'm sure you'll hear from him.

• Options

I heard this is common with him but I can wait.

• Options

Dave

I want a 200 case. Please respond.

• Options

Sent an email on a 200 case last week. No response. :/

• Options

All

Apologies for the lack of communication. I’ve been tied up with non-hobby work project with very tight deadlines at the end of the month.

Will hopefully be able to get caught up with hobby-related things in a few weeks.

Appreciate your patience.

Dave
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019 1:45AM

@MadGenius said:
    Sent an email on a 200 case last week. No response. :/

MadGenius and Skrezyna23 et al don't feel bad--I sent Dave a text in early September (yes September) and then another one at the end of September and over eight months later I still I haven't heard back from him so quit your complaining guys lol--one week doesn't hold a candle to three seasons (Hi Dave! :) )

• Options

He did respond to a PM the other day.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get a Card Vault model 300 ?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

Hi Dan,

I found this link on line.

https://collectablecases.com/card-vault-300

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Hi Dan,

I don’t know how you found that, Tim, but thank you very much! I’ve been scouring Google and Amazon for days.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    edited March 6, 2024 6:51PM

@DBesse27 said:

@grote15 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Hi Dan,

I don’t know how you found that, Tim, but thank you very much! I’ve been scouring Google and Amazon for days.

My pleasure..I may order one myself...I have bought a couple of the smaller cases which are pretty good but for my 75 mini set the idea of needing just 2 cases to house all 660 cards is very appealing. They are pricey but appear to be well put together. I use the Pelican V600 cases and order custom cut foam inserts separately for graded pack storage and they are fantastic (but heavy!).

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@grote15 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Hi Dan,

My pleasure..I may order one myself...I have bought a couple of the smaller cases which are pretty good but for my 75 mini set the idea of needing just 2 cases to house all 660 cards is very appealing. They are pricey but appear to be well put together. I use the Pelican V600 cases and order custom cut foam inserts separately for graded pack storage and they are fantastic (but heavy!).

Just went to check out and it was $160 shipping. Not happening. Would you mind PMing me details about these custom cut foam inserts? I might go that route.

Yaz Master Set

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@grote15 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@grote15 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Hi Dan,

Just went to check out and it was $160 shipping. Not happening. Would you mind PMing me details about these custom cut foam inserts? I might go that route.

Sure thing. Geez, that's nuts.