Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission weirdness. Finalized.

So in late March, I sent out a March special submission for a board member on here. It was for 25 cards, and it was logged on 4/08/13.
On 5/02/13, I saw grades that it had popped and was glad. I also shared the grades via PM to a couple people. So the next day, I went back to see if it was marked shipped yet and it wasn't....no biggie.
A couple days later on Monday, I checked again and still not marked shipped cos I wanted to get an idea when I should be home to meet my mail carrier. I clicked on the submission # and this time, nothing came up.
No grades....like they were still working. I called and talk to a guy named Mike and he said it might be and IT glitch or problem cos he can see the grades and offered to read it back to me, but I said no need cos I already saw it.
He said it should be shipped out shortly. Two more days go by and still not marked shipped. I called back and spoke to Mike again and he now says the order is incomplete and they're still working on it?!?!?! So now I'm getting
a little paranoid. I asked why incomplete when the final grades were already posted several days ago. He says we still have the 45 day thing to work on it, and doesn't know why or couldn't give me an answer.
So now, fast forward to today which is a week later. Spoke with a lady and she doesn't see any grades at all. I told her I saw them a week ago, and she said it was a mistake on their part and that I shouldn't have seen them.
How can I unseen what I saw? She says they're still working on it. So what should I do now? Hope for the best that they come back exactly as I saw it the first time (grade wise). Should I call J. Orlando?
Here are the grades that posted on 5/02

1 1 21374579 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 1996 UPPER DECK BLACK DIAMOND 103 PATRICK MARLEAU Card
2 1 21374580 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1997 DONRUSS PREFERRED 162 MARIAN HOSSA Card
3 1 21374581 MINT 9 1997 SP AUTHENTIC 185 PATRIK ELIAS Card
4 1 21374582 MINT 9 2000 UPPER DECK BLACK DIAMOND 63 DANY HEATLEY Card
5 1 21374583 MINT 9 2011 PANINI CONTENDERS 202 PETER HOLLAND AUTOGRAPH Card
6 1 21374584 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 2 21374585 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 3 21374586 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 4 21374587 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 5 21374588 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 6 21374589 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 7 21374590 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 8 21374591 MINT 9 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 9 21374592 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 10 21374593 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 11 21374594 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 12 21374595 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 13 21374596 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 14 21374597 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 15 21374598 MINT 9 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 16 21374599 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 17 21374600 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 18 21374601 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 19 21374602 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card
6 20 21374603 GEM MINT 10 2011 ULTIMATE COLLECTION 119 JUSTIN FAULK AUTOGRAPH Card

Total Items: 25
Date Received: 4/8/2013
Date Shipped: N/A
Order Status: OK

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely email/call Joe.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    There IT is out if whack right. I was on the phone with them yesterday because I noticed all my 82 Ripken RC's were listed in my inventory as 1992 Ripkens.

Call Joe!
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I got an answer. What I saw are preview results from the first grader, and there's a glitch in the IT system that's been going on for weeks as explained to me by Laura.
    Apparently I'm the only one that's called and caught them on this. I told her that's what happens when I check for poppage 30 times a day, and more so the day after and beyond to see when it's shipped.
    Anyway, the grades haven't been finalized and need to go to a second grader.
    Laura was the fourth person I've talked to and is the head of CS. Veronica relayed everything to her after she went down to operations to find out.
    So the end result is, these grades could be exactly what's coming as she feels it shouldn't deviate much or at all from one grader to another. I asked to check the EOT on the first card again.
    The order should be done/finalized in a week. The grades could stay the same, or it could change (hopefully for better). Now, am I happy about the situation/explanation? (shrugging shoulders)
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryan - Not sure how the grades could change for the better - unless they're giving out 11's these days. Those are some really high grades there.
    Daniel
  • Options
    I'd be happy with the grades as they are. They're not my cards. I previewed them for another board member
    as he only wanted 9s and 10s. He sent me 76 cards and only these 25 IMO made the grade that he wanted.
    Maybe the 8 and the EOT will change. I totally disagree with those.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like "Mike" needs to stop answering the phone or they need to educate him.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Poor Mike has only been there a month. Laura said he was suppose to say "no, I don't see any grades in front of me."
    I'm not kidding, this is what she told me because of the glitch.
  • Options

<< <i>I got an answer. What I saw are preview results from the first grader, and there's a glitch in the IT system that's been going on for weeks as explained to me by Laura.
    Apparently I'm the only one that's called and caught them on this. I told her that's what happens when I check for poppage 30 times a day, and more so the day after and beyond to see when it's shipped.
    Anyway, the grades haven't been finalized and need to go to a second grader.
    Laura was the fourth person I've talked to and is the head of CS. Veronica relayed everything to her after she went down to operations to find out.
    So the end result is, these grades could be exactly what's coming as she feels it shouldn't deviate much or at all from one grader to another. I asked to check the EOT on the first card again.
    The order should be done/finalized in a week. The grades could stay the same, or it could change (hopefully for better). Now, am I happy about the situation/explanation? (shrugging shoulders) >>

100% complete lie or we would all be calling and freaking out! F-n B.S.
  • Options
    "no, I don't see any grades in front of me."

Gimmie a break!

poof *i farted*
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    This happened to me today also. I saw READY TO SHIP and the grade was listed for about 10 minutes. It was to slab an already authenticated autograph, so it had little effect to me, other than disappointing me that they intend to take a 1 item, just slab, submission to the time limit.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    This happened to me today
    Grades were there for awhile, then gone
    Was there any decision as to what caused this? Were they just the first grader's opinion? Did your grades change from the first list after they became final?
    Thanks
    And, how much longer from this point did it take the grades to go final?
  • Options
    I'm still waiting. They said it would be done sometime this week.
    It could remain the same; it could change, I have no idea.

Laura said it's a glitch in their system that has been going on for over a month.
    1st grader inputs the grades and we're not suppose to see it, but somehow it goes thru
    for a short time and disappears.

I wonder; if anyone that is waiting on grades to pop and you see it, should we assume those are not finalized and disappear as well?
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Im waiting for it to happen to me.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    This happened to me in 2008 my grades listed so i printed them out . Next day they were gone , 2 days later they reappear only to find 2 cards grades changed ???? I emailed Mr. Orlando , he apologized , said there must have been a glitch and the only grades that count are the final grades . (one card went from a psa 7 to min size req . the other went from a psa 7 to psa 6 ) i was kinda upset to say the least. hope it works out better for you .

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    So let me get this straight, there are two graders that look at the cards? Isn't that how they are supposed to be graded? I'm sure they are using some Oracle based program that is apparantly glitchy, it happens.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Got what appear to be the final grades today.
    Most stayed the same.
    None were improved.
    Three were lowered, including a '73 355 Reggie that dropped 9 to 8.5
    So that sucks
    Time to resubmit I guess

It is actually good to get confirmation that two graders look at each card
    I always wondered if that was just for the really high dollar stuff
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    Sounds like the second guy grading is the dreaded G.O.D.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    I'm still waiting.
  • Options
    Sounds like the official Grades used are the lowest grade of the two graders.
    Which makes sense since that would be the only grade that both graders would
    be able to agree on. So in effect there would be NO chance of a higher grade if
    you happen to see the 1st graders results
  • Options
    bumpers. Whats the verdict?
  • Options
    No pop yet.
  • Options
    Popped today. Same exact crap. Not one single change which is fine with me.
    Just had to wait another month and a half for the 2nd guy to glance at it for 10 minutes
    and pat the first guy on the back with a "fine job son, keep it up."
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tantric.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    So that is a 54 working day turnaround. Apparently their 30 working day
    estimate must be per grader. My submission is on its 40th working day now
    so I suspect I wont see anything for another 3 weeks. Seems its now taking
    nearly a quarter of a year (3 months) wait time.
  • Options
    I mailed a submission to them on May 17th. I'm in Canada so it takes a little longer to get there but tracking showed it was delivered to them on May 27th. PSA claimed it was delivered on May 31st. The finally logged the sub on June 14th. The 14th was a Friday so day 1 of the 45 business day wait period was June 17th, 1 month after I mailed it to them.
  • Options
    Glad its over with Bry. That looks like 52 bus. days.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Just had to wait another month and a half for the 2nd guy to glance at it for 10 minutes >>

I bet the 2nd guy that glanced at it was the janitor that found it under a desk a month later.