Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Matt Kemp doing good

If he flipped a fan off it would be national news. This we dont hear about

Matt Kemp gives to disabled fan

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was awesome, thanks for posting it.
  • Options
    This is great! Matt Kemp just made me a fan. Thanks for sharing this great story!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    What a great thing for him to have done. I too will be rooting for Kemp!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    That's awesome. It's always cool to see players do kind things like this.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Awesome! Kemp has always been a hard worker and a class act.
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭
    Not all pro ball players are jerks...looks like we can add Matt Kemp to the "good guy" list.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a huge Matt Kemp fan now, absolutely great job Matt! image
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    That's just cool!
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

• Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Kemp befriended a teenaged girl last year. Visited her in the hospital, brought her to games, etc. i saw it on instagram and then wound up following her story on her own instagram. Shes doing well. Matt Kemp is good people.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Just AWESOME!!
  • Options
    relaxedrelaxed Posts: 569
    That was certainly a class act that Matt Kemp did for that young man.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    his giving hand is strong.....the local paper gave us the story today.

it's tough to say anything negative about such a wonderful athlete and a better person.

as a fan of the sport i wish Matt well finding his swing again and a low fastball on the inner half.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about an indelible gesture. The look on that young man's face is priceless when he notices Kemp walking his direction. Total stud.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Kudos to Matt Kemp, but he gave away stuff that he will have replaced for free (probably) by merely snapping his fingers at the equipment manager. And, let's not forget that some players do the same thing (and sometimes a lot more) in private so that they don't draw any attention to themselves. All I'm saying is that this is far down on my list of the most charitable things that I've heard of. Every once in a while you hear about someone that lived like they were poor and then died with a ton of money that they wanted to be given to charity. How amazing is that?
  • Options

<< <i>Kudos to Matt Kemp, but he gave away stuff that he will have replaced for free (probably) by merely snapping his fingers at the equipment manager. And, let's not forget that some players do the same thing (and sometimes a lot more) in private so that they don't draw any attention to themselves. All I'm saying is that this is far down on my list of the most charitable things that I've heard of. >>

I'm sure the kid left that gear in the trash on his way out of the park when he realized that same thing. /sarcasm

Nothing wrong with "giving out of plenty."

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kudos to Matt Kemp, but he gave away stuff that he will have replaced for free (probably) by merely snapping his fingers at the equipment manager. And, let's not forget that some players do the same thing (and sometimes a lot more) in private so that they don't draw any attention to themselves. All I'm saying is that this is far down on my list of the most charitable things that I've heard of. Every once in a while you hear about someone that lived like they were poor and then died with a ton of money that they wanted to be given to charity. How amazing is that? >>

you have some urine flavored corn flakes this morning?
  • Options

<< <i>Every once in a while you hear about someone that lived like they were poor and then died with a ton of money that they wanted to be given to charity. How amazing is that? >>

Look at studies that have been done in this area. The majority of the decedents were found to have been mentally unstable.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Every once in a while you hear about someone that lived like they were poor and then died with a ton of money that they wanted to be given to charity. How amazing is that? >>

Look at studies that have been done in this area. The majority of the decedents were found to have been mentally unstable. >>

Well, if there's a majority, then there must be a minority of people that WEREN'T mentally unstable, right?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Wish there were more athletes like Kemp.

He's good people.

@TheRealMattKemp: I'm giving $1000 for tonight's HR and every HR until the All-Star break for the victims of my hometown in OKC.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wish there were more athletes like Kemp.

He's good people.

@TheRealMattKemp: I'm giving $1000 for tonight's HR and every HR until the All-Star break for the victims of my hometown in OKC. >>

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a HUGE Matt Kemp fan, and I love love love what he did for that young man and I love that he's wanting to help the tornado victims. But he won't be out much pocket money if he keeps hitting home runs at his current pace. image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    perhaps if he donated for the number of times he's been left in scoring position. image
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds trite but it's tough to get too excited about Kemp's possible $20k when Durant donates $1 million. He's still a class act though and I'm a fan.
  • Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    At least there's one fan who isn't booing Matt Kemp at Dodger Stadium. image

• Options

<< <i>Teen befriended by Kemp loses battle with brain cancerimage >>

Anytime I hear of someone who died from Cancer, especially a kid, it's a tough thing to read about. RIP Josh.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug