Home U.S. Coin Forum

$600 -- Really?

cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
Do these people think that they will EVER get $600 for this?

Link

They can't be serious, can they?

Comments

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not something I'd consider, but sure, why not? It's beat all to you-know-what. Maybe the price is slightly optomistic, but getting one in a graded holder for that price will have very few details remaining. Price Guide at G04 is $500.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to make an offer! image
  • cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not something I'd consider, but sure, why not? It's beat all to you-know-what. Maybe the price is slightly optimistic, but getting one in a graded holder for that price will have very few details remaining. Price Guide at G04 is $500. >>

I suppose that I'm a bit biased. I recently purchase this example:

It's true that most 1855-S halves led a very hard life. But their example runs to an extreme!
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin was previously owned by a werewolf from the looks of it.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

• << <i>

<< <i>It's not something I'd consider, but sure, why not? It's beat all to you-know-what. Maybe the price is slightly optimistic, but getting one in a graded holder for that price will have very few details remaining. Price Guide at G04 is $500. >>

I suppose that I'm a bit biased. I recently purchase this example:

It's true that most 1855-S halves led a very hard life. But their example runs to an extreme! >>

I like that coin a lot!
    I bought that in an an old NGC VG08 holder, sold it to Larry Briggs. It was not beened then.
    That's one of the few I have seller's remorse about.
  • Actually, here is the link I posted about it

Pictures are gone, but figured you'd like to see what others had said.

Ha! I just saw you had commented on that thread.
  • cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, here is the link I posted about it

Pictures are gone, but figured you'd like to see what others had said.

Ha! I just saw you had commented on that thread. >>

Wow, I don't remember this thread or even commenting in it! Thanks for sharing!

Little did I know that I would see this coin again (up for auction at Heritage) and independently conclude (for a 2nd time) that I really liked it! And that I would win an auction to acquire it!

I believe the "correct" grade should be F-15+ (Or F-15 with a green beanie). So, IMHO, it's still slightly undergraded.

As for eye appeal, I have yet to see a better example below VF-20. Has anyone else?

One can never say never, but I've remarked to myself several times that this is a coin that will never leave my collection!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file