Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Grading help. . .

I would like to save money and have some cards graded by PSA, rather than continue buying other persons' cards after being graded. I do not know much about actually sending cards to PSA for grading. Does anyone offer grading assistance, such as including my cards into their own order? I looked into a membership, but cannot really justify spending the additional money when I have less than 150 cards to be graded.

Thanks for your help,
Chris
I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Look for offers to combine orders from one sender.
    it does happen here. The more sub...the lower the overall cost for everyone.
    I am not a psa member but just got a few tallboys back from a great fellow collector.

so keep looking back.

what u can do is post scans of cards and the grade...YOU thing you should get.

ask for opinions. that way you can get'up to speed' on just what 2 send.

Many cards might not be worth sending.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • csakerscsakers Posts: 239
    Thanks for the information! I appreciate your help.
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
    By the way:

1. How do I find people offering to do group/combined grading?

2. Unfortunately, I need to get all my cards graded to include in my registry collections. Otherwise, I need to continue paying higher prices to buy graded versions from other people. I just thought it would be cheaper and faster this way.

Thanks again,
    Chris
  • cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Best advice anyone could give you is be happy with the cards you have... if you MUST have graded cards, sell yours and buy someone else's graded cards in the grade you want them in. You will chase your tail and spend more trying to get 9's and 10's otherwise.
    Thanks cougar701,

While it would be great to have the remaining cards in PSA 9 or 10 grade, I would simply be happy to have them in graded form to be able to complete the registry collections. Otherwise, I would keep waiting for them to pop up for sale in already graded form.

Thanks for your advice,
    Chris
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Chris,
    If you would like to contact me via PM I will be glad to help you. I send in around 400-500 per month and I will add it on to my next order.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
    Shane,

Thanks for the offer to assist. I would appreciate your help. I have not used these boards much, so a couple dumb questions: What is PM? How do I contact you using PM?

Thanks again,
    Chris
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Chris
    If you go to profile at the top right you will have an option to accept/send private messages. Click yes and then you can contact me there.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases