Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1992 Topps WCW UK Featuring Scott Hall's Rookie Cards.....

I have been actively buying sets that feature some of the bigger stars from wrestling's rookie cards and found a website that had a number of these sets for sale.

Today I got the package from the UK with seven complete sets in very nice condition. I was blown away at how cheap these sets were and the total cost of my order was just over $75.

I have seen this set sell for $100 on EBAY and while that may be a little high, $10.71 is certainly not. I went ahead and put in an order for another 10 sets and hopefully they will be able to fill the order. The site doesn't tell you how many they have left.

The cards were released only in Europe and sparingly show up for sale on EBAY. They are glossy and the set consists of 66 cards. The centering is all over the place and the corners on a few were an issue.

Checklist

This set features Scott Hall's rookie cards and a few other rookie cards and early issues of a number of WCW wrestlers. At this time there are only 12 cards ever graded by PSA and all are of Arn Anderson so when some of these make their way to Newport Beach they will be the first of each to be graded.

I am working on a submission and plan to send some of these off later this month. I need to spend more time studying them and just broke up the sets to protect the cards and narrow down the number I choose to send in.

Here are the scans of the better cards.

Comments

• Options
    delete those URLs and you are good.

Does Diamond Studd usually play with his nips? image
  • Options
    "Hey, yo!" .... nice cards!

One of my all-time favorites....such a shame he got caught up in the booze and drugs.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Great cards! I love you what end up digging up.

I apologize if it's been discussed here, but is the print-version of The Wrestling Card Price Guide a useful reference? I'm not interested in the pricing information, but rather something as a research tool and to appreciate the aesthetics more of the cards.

Thanks for sharing the cards....I see some high grades there!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe it was selling very well and I don't think he did another print run.

The guy who made the guide is a nice guy and perhaps he would be able to better answer your question.

Here is the link to the online site and you can contact him here should you choose too.

Price Guide
  • Options

This cell phone shot, coupled with the mullet, is truly classic!
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I think it would be hard to be profitable for wrestling cards especially with pricing information.

I did see his website, thanks!
  • Options
    Paul E has a card from the 1991 Championship WCW set but those are not very tough to find.

I think this card is awesome and is by far his best card. I love the pic too!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Nice find. I don't know much about this set but I think it's great when foreign sets get discovered and brought to the US market. I'm just starting to look in Asia and South America but the lack of eBay in those countries makes it more challenging. Keep up the good work
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    I remember him as Razor Ramon.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    I am anxious to get more of these sets in the mail. I put one out on EBAY to see how it would do and it sold for $102.50.

I bought out the remaining sets that they had in stock and I am going to work on getting some high grades from this set if possible.

The Scott Hall rookie is going to do really well I believe in high grade so hopefully I can find a PSA 10.

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    A few of those look really nice. I tracked down some RC's from this set years ago and they are not as sharp as those. Nice work!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    The bit they used to do on WCW where Hall and Nash had tag team matches in an empty gym where they would announce it themselves is, to this day, my favorite thing that's ever happened in wrestling. One of them would be standing in the corner with the microphone calling the match while the other one was beating the crap out of one of the jobbers on the other tag team. I'm pretty sure they filmed it in black & white, too.

If there were a DVD compilation of those matches out there somewhere, I'd probably pay $300 for it.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    I got some more sets in the mail today.

Here are the two best Diamond Studd cards I got.

• Options
    PSA 8 Diamond Studd

Here are the results from the first one of these to be sold. I am still looking for a higher grade copy and plan to send in some more of my raw examples.

I kept this one from the same submission and it is going to be extremely difficult to find many more of these in high grade. I was thrilled when I saw that this got a PSA 9.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    strong sale for a 1992 wrestling card in a PSA 8, congrats, there should not be too many of them finding their way in PSA holders........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I requested for PSA to add a set composite of the 1992 WCW Topps set to the registry and I got the email tonight from Cosseta from PSA that it has been added.

I loaded the cards I have for the set and will be sending in a batch soon to have a complete graded set. When I purchased these from the site in the UK I bought 46 complete sets so I pulled the best cards of each I had and then narrowed down from there and those will be sent in. A few of my best cards have already been graded.

Here is the link to my set that is now in progress.

1992 WCW Topps
  • Options
    Scott Hall or Razor Ramon was the latest performer to be announced for the WWE HOF.

Here are the scans of the two that graded the highest. After my last submission I am out of any that will grade reasonably high.

• Options
    Absolutely love your dedication!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>Absolutely love your dedication! >>

Thanks for the kind words.

I ended up buying 46 sets and both of these cards are tougher in higher grade then one would think.

• Options
    Here are the cards I just got back from a recent signing.

• Options
    Paul E

Diamond Studd

Diamond Studd action

These cards came from the sets I graded. The seller is going to do pretty well on these I think.