Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does anyone know any information about this Mike Tyson card?

I have been actively buying Mike Tyson cards for quite some time and I have never seen this card. I saw it listed as a Buy It Now so I snagged it.

Mike Tyson

I did a Google search for a Mike Tyson card checklist and did not find anything with limited searching.

If anyone knows anything about this card if you would please share it that would be great.

The card looks very similar to another issue with a blue and is generally listed with the set name Living Legends.

[Mike Tyson Blue

Comments

• EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    They look like non-licensed broder cards.
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but that is definitely a Broder. I remember having every Tyson Sports Illustrated cover on my wall growing up, hoping to find
    legitimate cards of him to collect. The blue and orange ones made the rounds back then.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Greg.

I don't have the card so I am happy to add it to my collection.

There is a card in the registry 1980-DATE PHOENIX LEGENDS MIKE TYSON YELLOW that I need and I thought there was about a 5% chance this was it.

If anyone knows anything about this card please let me know.

• gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I am very skeptical of the 1980-DATE PHOENIX LEGENDS MIKE TYSON YELLOW card, though I don't claim to know anything about it.

Tyson was a 14 year old foster care kid in 1980, and I spent a lot of time in the 80's trying to track down cards of him with no success. If it is a real card, there is no way it is from 1980. But I would love to see a copy if anyone has one.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it's a decade date, as in 1980's, not 1980. In pop reports and set registries, decade dates only show up as the first year, even though the slab will display the apostrophe S. There are cards that say 1920's on the slab but get listed as 1920 in the pop report and set registry.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is good information Reggie. Thanks.

I do recall a card that was white with a yellow border of Tyson and it might be that one.

I just did a google search and found the image but I can't pull it up at work. Here is the link and it is the fifth image listed. The image is from Martin Bradford's site.

Tyson
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    cool looking card......don't remember seeing that one on ebay......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable