Home U.S. Coin Forum

1853 Half Dime

Thoughts on a technical grade?

Originality? Eye Appeal? Would she grade?

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a rim ding but if that doesn't matter then I would venture to guess VF30.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea if the coin would grade with our hosts, as I have no experience with TPG's and have never submitted any coins for grading. However, I do have some experience with half dimes, and I would grade your coin a nice VF, perhaps a little better than VF-20, maybe VF-25. It has the appearance of originality, and except for the aforementioned minor rim ding, it looks quite nice. I do think that a light bushing with a camel hair brush might remove some of the debris seen on the surface. As for eye appeal, the natural patina is attractive.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Body Bagged?
    Taylor
    Also known as coinman101---
    I am a YN and I do not want anybody to question my IQ Level! I don't know everything and came here to learn! image
  • daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    VF25
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    VF-20

Nice coin!
    Tom

• cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
    Here is another one, this time a dime:

imageimage

I assume that they are graded the same way?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file