Thank you for posting those!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    you're welcome.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I was about head to the PO to send in on April's $6/45 day special...no rush now.

Though I may still drop a couple of tickets into the box.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Always been meaning to ask, why do they differentiate between pre and post 1956 cards?
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Always been meaning to ask, why do they differentiate between pre and post 1956 cards? >>

Not speaking for PSA, but I assume the reasons are (1) the average prices for cards are higher pre-1956 and (2) there are more card sets pre-1956, especially rare/unknown ones. For the first reason, even if there is a declared value restriction, the average declared value per card for post-1956 might be $40 while for pre-1956, it might be $70 , so PSA wants a cut of this. For the second reason, PSA might find that more time is needed for the submissions that are pre-1956 because of the additional research work needed, as opposed to post-1956 where submitters just typically submit a bunch of Topps cards from various years. Note that SGC also does something similar is charge more for older cards during their monthly specials.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Should be a PSA/DNA special........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Always been meaning to ask, why do they differentiate between pre and post 1956 cards? >>

Not speaking for PSA, but I assume the reasons are (1) the average prices for cards are higher pre-1956 and (2) there are more card sets pre-1956, especially rare/unknown ones. For the first reason, even if there is a declared value restriction, the average declared value per card for post-1956 might be $40 while for pre-1956, it might be $70 , so PSA wants a cut of this. For the second reason, PSA might find that more time is needed for the submissions that are pre-1956 because of the additional research work needed, as opposed to post-1956 where submitters just typically submit a bunch of Topps cards from various years. Note that SGC also does something similar is charge more for older cards during their monthly specials. >>

I think it has more to do with card size being standardized starting in 1958, in general.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>Should be a PSA/DNA special........ >>

amen...red flip for $12 image
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Should be a PSA/DNA special........ >>

amen...red flip for $12 image >>

Prayer or actual?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    very much a prayer...and i don't expect it to be answered.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    PSA/DNA special
    Any single signed item from a current rookie $10. All May specials are now posted on the website.
  • Options
    It doesn't say on their site (or I just can't find it) but what would having the card slabbed be for an additional cost?

Edit - I was referring to the DNA special
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It doesn't say on their site (or I just can't find it) but what would having the card slabbed be for an additional cost?

Edit - I was referring to the DNA special >>

Usually thats $10 for slabbing.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all over Special #3...........................image