Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Yet ANOTHER one for your blocked bidder list.

Person bids on my item with 10 minutes to go. Then states "Whoops - it was an accident! I have no intention to pay!".....here is the Ebay handle....

theintimidator101

Sent me this message:

Dear wandw-auctions,

Made a mistake and bid on wrong item. Don't want this item. Sorry!

- theintimidator101

Already blocked him.....just can't believe Ebay actually allows this type of crap! He actually got a good deal on the item! Go figure...

Comments

• Options
    Its awful that ebay allows this crap.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes honest mistakes do happen. Im not sure if that warrants a BBL. You can get your fees back.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    He did the same thing to me on Sunday when he messaged me & said his dog was on his lap and accidentally bid on some auctions by stepping on his iPad.
  • Options
    What is his dog's ebay handle? I'd like to add it to my BBL too.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Very odd. The bidder now paid. I was all prepared to go through the motions to get my FVF's back. Still made the list.
  • Options
    He was probably watching another auction for the same item but didnt win the "other card" he was bidding on and decided to buy yours afterall.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very odd. The bidder now paid. I was all prepared to go through the motions to get my FVF's back. Still made the list. >>

Why are you still blocking him?
    He politely told you he made a mistake then paid within 24 hours anyway.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    He just paid for mine as well.
    I hope his dog is a Dick Butkus fan lol
  • Options

<< <i>He politely told you he made a mistake then paid within 24 hours anyway >>

Just don't see how it was a 'mistake'.....I hope his dog is a Warren Spahn fan!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, you have accidentally bid on a card before, right? Therefore, isn't it possible that your bidder (turned buyer) did the same?
  • Options

<< <i>If I remember correctly, you have accidentally bid on a card before, right? Therefore, isn't it possible that your bidder (turned buyer) did the same? >>

Never with a minute left....but nice try Clamsy!
  • Options
    ps - what are you talking about I lost $400 on. What, are you trying to reimburse me or something?
  • Options
    I dont believe in bidding by accident. Never have, never will. You click on the "place bid" box. Then you enter your amount, press enter. Then another screen pops up to verify the amount and you have to click that box. So theres obviously a few steps that one has to go through in order to place a bid. Sorry but this looks like a case bidders remorse. Most likely the scenario is that of which someone else mentioned - they bought something and were maybe hoping to win a different one and since they didnt win the OTHER one, they went back to Bobbys. I can tell you for a fact that if I place a bid "accidental" and I didnt want the item, I'm not going to pay.

Placing on my block list - I dont care if they paid or not. The buyer sounds like he could be a hassle in the long run, plain and simple.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Person bids on my item with 10 minutes to go. Then states "Whoops - it was an accident! I have no intention to pay!".....here is the Ebay handle....

theintimidator101

Sent me this message:

Dear wandw-auctions,

Made a mistake and bid on wrong item. Don't want this item. Sorry!

- theintimidator101

Already blocked him.....just can't believe Ebay actually allows this type of crap! He actually got a good deal on the item! Go figure... >>

I have accidentally done it before, mistakes do happen.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont believe in bidding by accident. Never have, never will. You click on the "place bid" box. Then you enter your amount, press enter. Then another screen pops up to verify the amount and you have to click that box. So theres obviously a few steps that one has to go through in order to place a bid. Sorry but this looks like a case bidders remorse. >>

With the billions of bids that have been placed, I think it's likely that some were by accident. I know of one for sure. Someone here mistakenly hit the BIN on a 1963 Topps card because he thought he was getting a great deal. He thought it was a Pete Rose rookie, but it was actually a different card.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I dont believe in bidding by accident. Never have, never will. You click on the "place bid" box. Then you enter your amount, press enter. Then another screen pops up to verify the amount and you have to click that box. So theres obviously a few steps that one has to go through in order to place a bid. Sorry but this looks like a case bidders remorse. >>

With the billions of bids that have been placed, I think it's likely that some were by accident. I know of one for sure. Someone here mistakenly hit the BIN on a 1963 Topps card because he thought he was getting a great deal. He thought it was a Pete Rose rookie, but it was actually a different card. >>

That would be me LOL image

And paid for it too.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    My dog accidentally blocked him. Oh well........
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ps - what are you talking about I lost $400 on. What, are you trying to reimburse me or something? >>

good Lord, you're obtuse. It doesn't matter when your bid (or his) was placed - just that it was placed. You can't continue to beat the drum that YOU accidentally bid on a card (note that I never mentioned the specific card you accidentally bid on, and since you brought it up - I could care less how much you lost on it. That's your problem, not everyone else's), yet call out someone who claims to have done the same thing. You can't have it both ways.

Maybe the guy really does deserve to be blocked. Maybe he's got a pattern of this behavior. Or maybe not. IMO, you were a little quick to publicly tar and feather your eventual buyer because of a so-called accident.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ps - what are you talking about I lost $400 on. What, are you trying to reimburse me or something? >>

Somebody catch me up to speed, what is this $400 hes talking about? I dont see anything about
    it? Maybe someone edited a post?
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Question for you blocked bidder list experts-

I noticed at the very end of my bbl, that some id's have the word "deleted" after them. In fact, the id's are all numbers like 667534(deleted).

Am I to assume these are old id's that are no longer active and are deleted from ebay and can be taken off my bbl?

Thanks for any input!
  • Options

<< <i>That would be me LOL image

>>

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. image

• Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Person bids on my item with 10 minutes to go. Then states "Whoops - it was an accident!

Never with a minute left....

Soooo which one was it?? A minute or ten?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>Question for you blocked bidder list experts-

I noticed at the very end of my bbl, that some id's have the word "deleted" after them. In fact, the id's are all numbers like 667534(deleted).

Am I to assume these are old id's that are no longer active and are deleted from ebay and can be taken off my bbl?

Thanks for any input! >>

It seems likely. There's a BBL checker here. that will tell you who is a registered user and who isn't.
  • Options
    Have never bid on accident, but have entered the wrong amount.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty there are some bbls I'd rather be on than not.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>In all honesty there are some bbls I'd rather be on than not. >>

If you have a spending problem and a lack of will power, I can relate to that Ralph.
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the link! After years of personal experience and years of reading posts here and adding people to my bbl, it was time to purge it. This tool was perfect!

Out of 455 names on my bbl, 123 of them were NARU. I was able to copy the box with the good names and paste it right in to my current bbl..

Thanks again!

<< <i>

<< <i>Question for you blocked bidder list experts-

Thanks for any input! >>

It seems likely. There's a BBL checker here. that will tell you who is a registered user and who isn't. >>

• Options
    What a great tool!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Bob--I hear your dog snipes for you too
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    You talking to me?
  • Options
    Go figure.
  • Options
    Sorry...no dog here Cowboy! I know you wish there was, but nope....nothing.....I posted this just to supply info. Others can do with it what they wish. Obviously I am not the only seller who has had "experiences" with this person, because one other person chimed in on the thread. Wonder how many sellers that AREN'T on this thread have had the same scenario with this person. Anyway, take it as you wish....

And Maurice.....isn't there a rock you can push over or a toll to collect??

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a great tool!! Thanks for sharing! >>

That's what she said.
  • Options

<< <i>You talking to me? >>

bobbyw, if you had to pick a number between say 50 and 100, how many bbl lists would you be on?
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You talking to me? >>

No, never. The Bob with the blocker Dog
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al