Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

25 years ago today...

...the Baltimore Orioles beat the Chicago White Sox 9-0, to improve their season record to:

1-21 image

I was watching the movie "Moneyball" and was thinking about longest streaks. I went to losing streaks and seen Todays date. Amazing.

Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Just looked at the box score. Jack McDowell got the loss.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    How could we forget...

This:

Led to this:
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I saw that game as I was an usher for the Orioles back then .

That was a REALLY bad time in Oriole history.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    I remember that season when it happened. It was horribly funny. It has to be just as difficult to lose that many as to win that many.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember keeping up with this streak on ESPN, and knew they were coming to Chicago (I'm a big White Sox fan) and I was hoping that the streak would continue, but alas it did not. I felt sorry for Ripken.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I think this is true. In one of the Back to the Future sequels, one of the addresses Marty McFly and Doc go to is 88 Oriole Way.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw that game as I was an usher for the Orioles back then .

That was a REALLY bad time in Oriole history.---- Sonny >>

Game was at the old Comiskey Park

IMF

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/whhp72/media/Misc Ripken/1Billy88_zps7bf3fe2d.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.