Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Teletrade

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have checked it out from time to time and do spot certain items of interest. Prices, however, are particularly high while the platform is not very easy to navigate to say the least.

Is this a real auction, or simply high reserves set?

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I have had an ID there for years, but have never bid on a single auction. After browsing there for a long time, I quit looking because there are better uses of my numismatic time than that site.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

Is this a real auction, or simply high reserves set? >>

Some of both I believe. You can occasionally find a good buy.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    In my experience of only one year, mostly high reserves. I do not find the navigation difficult at all. In fact I prefer over Heritage. Unfortunately I rarely see my interests listed there.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three years ago I was buying probably an average of one coin per month on Teletrade. In the past 12 months I have purchased....zero. They have really gone down hill with very high starting prices, and a lot of the items that are for sale there are low-end for the grade. The tokens, medals, and world coin sections (which is where I usually perused the most) have dried up to almost no items worth even looking at. It's too bad really. These are just my opinions and experiences.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it OK to navigate. High openng bids. A coin I sold at Spinks for $600 is now listed on TT for $900. I hasn't sold. Go through the Prices Realized list and you'll see very few coins sell in the non-US section.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they recycle the unsold lots, which are not clearly marked as such. Very little on offer, and IMO high reserves as has been said. I still check every couple of months...
    Great Collections is much worse though....LOL
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have had an ID there for years, but have never bid on a single auction. After browsing there for a long time, I quit looking because there are better uses of my numismatic time than that site.

my thoughts exactly.