Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Topps Mario Lemieux #9 PSA 10 vs. KSA 10.....

I am watching the final action on many of the auctions from PWCC and I came across this situation.

It appears KSA has a 9.5 and a 10 grade and there are one of each set to end in the next hour and twenty minutes.

The KSA 9.5 is at $155.50, the KSA 10 is at $186.50 and the PSA 10 is at $1,025.

I think the KSA 10 looks pretty strong and I am curious if anyone has ever had any success cracking them and submitting raw.

Clearly at this point the masses do not think so based on the massive price differential but if someone had a good eye I have to think there are chances to win at this game with a few cards.

The price spread is huge between the two grading companies and this might be a risk worth taking.

I just pulled up the PSA 9's and the last one sold for $229.44.

If anyone has any experience attempting to cross KSA graded cards please share.

Comments

• Options
    I hear crickets.
  • Options
    Dpeck

Do not ever buy KSA in attempt to crossover to PSA!

If the card could be in a PSA holder it would be!

If that card is in a KSA holder its 90%+ chance it is trimmed. No make that 100% trimmed or sheet cut.

I have gone this route and been burned beyond belief. Do not buy KSA cards, do so only if you are prepared to lose your investment.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is interesting to hear.

I figured a few good cards could have made it into one of their holders. I personally have no interest in buying graded hockey cards but I was under the impression that in Canada some took this company seriously.

Perhaps not.

• Options
    I originally thought that maybe KSA was a Canadian version of PSA as it would be very expensive to ship cards to and from Canada into the states. But it seems they are a low standard or worse kind of grading standard. But they have lots of cards floating around in their holders. It is unfortunate that they dont have higher standards as they could at least accommodate the Canadian population.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA 10

KSA 10

When I did a search on EBAY the other two PSA 10 examples that are listed as sold went for $731 and $777 so this one did quite well with the $1,425 final price.

Unless the KSA example is altered and wouldn't grade at all it appears to be a nice looking card and that is what caught my attention here.

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    David, I have wondered the same thing for many years. At least part of it is the "sheet cut" problem. I cannot speak to the amount of cards they grade that are trimmed, but it sounds like some folks here believe that to be the case.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I bought a few of their cards when I first started collecting graded cards. When I settled on PSA as the company I was going to go with, I sent in my KSA cards to cross over. They came back an average of two grades lower. Maybe I was just lucky that none of mine were trimmed.