Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BO BIKES BAMA

I participated in the BO BIKES BAMA 60 mile bike ride yesterday. The ride raises money to aid those affected by the devastating tornadoes that hit Alabama 2 years ago. I could not believe how hard these people were hit by the storms. They still need so much help.
The ride was awesome and there was so much local support along the ride route. Bo is an incredibly nice and caring person. He was so good with everyone, especially the kids. He did a wonderful job with the ride and raised a lot of money for Alabama tornado relief.
Ken Griffey Jr was there to help as well. He was a pleasure to meet.
Here is the website if you would like to know more and/or help:
BO BIKES BAMA

Kudos to Bo for everything he is doing to help others.

Logan

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully I can participate one of these years. It's great to see Bo still doing great things and The Kid helping out too.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Riding 60 miles ain't easy. Great job, Logan! I'll join future rides if they space it out a couple weeks before or after the MS150.

Bo is good people.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Logan,

I attended last year in Tuscaloosa. Did Bo sign any sports cards? Last year he told me he was under contract and couldn't sign cards. Also Griffey would not sign anything. Bo is a great guy and showing a very generous side. As Bo said last year Roll Auburn Roll.

Kirk
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Hey Kirk,
    I did not see him sign any cards. He signed my number and I saw him sign some photos and shirts. He posed for pictures with anyone. I did not see Griffey Jr after the event. Not sure if he signed or not.
    It was a great event. I hope everyone reading this can donate some money to help.
    You can text "BOBIKES" to 50555 to donate $10

Later,
    Logan
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Nice to see Bo doing this... he can be a real pain in the you know what when out and about in the Chicagoland area. I've seen him a few times on the golf course and he is always grumpy.
  • Options
    Griffey got HUGE! I always remembered his as a skinny kid but man, look at those arms. Bo has gained fat weight but Griffey looks like ... well ...Barry Bonds to put it nicely.

• Options
    Classy move by him and every other celeb who participated

The 30 for 30 Special on Bo was fantastic BTW

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Classy move by him and every other celeb who participated

The 30 for 30 Special on Bo was fantastic BTW >>

+ 1

I'm guessing Junior's shorts (from the picture above) are intended for MTB rather than road. If I wore those, I'd chafe worse than a baby with soiled diapers. image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts