Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA to SGC Crossovers - OPC Hockey Cards

I have several OPC hockey cards from the '70s & '80s that are PSA 9. I was thinking of either cracking them and sending them to SGC to see if I could get a bump or sending them as is (crossover), and see if I could get a bump.

Few questions:

Anyone had any luck with a straight PSA to SGC crossover?

Better or Worse with cracking the PSA and submitting to PSA?

Lastly, if you have a PSA 9, and I know it depends on the card, let's use OPC Brett Hull RC as an example, since I have 8 that are PSA 9. If they were to come back SGC 98, would it significantly increase the value?

I have never used SGC, and have submitted over 4000 cards to PSA.

Any thoughts, options, comments would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Peter
PFB

Comments

• Options
    VCP doesn't show any results for SGC 98 Hull RC's. Not sure there is a market for SGC Hull RC's.

I would think the best return would be in cracking and subbing the best 9's you have back to PSA to try and hit a 10 that sells for $700.
  • Options
    PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Thank - they are old PSA numbers (the cases with the hologram on back).

I also have a Lemieux RC in PSA 9 that I was going to try can cross over

Thanks
    PFB
  • Options
    Seems pretty risky. Let's say your Mario crosses at SGC 9 so you crack re-submit to PSA and end up with an 8. That would suck.
  • Options
    for selling purposes, leave them in the PSA slabs
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    thanks for all the input and help - much appreciated.

thanks
    PFB
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for a bump, then leave them in their PSA slabs and submit them under review. There is no risk except for the $$ spent on the submission. Pay close attention to centering, and be very critical of the cards you choose. Anything you find, the graders will see too. Don't just toss your $$ away, but don't let the cost keep you from trying to upgrade your best cards. If you submit 10 and get a bump from 9 to 10 on just 1 you'll make $$