Home Precious Metals
Options

First and last time with Goldmart ..

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
Still haven't shipped, Bought Monday 15th, wire paid 16th Morning.
In stock item,
Call they give you the yada yada yada , sometime this week line

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭
    I just hung up the phone with them after being on hold for 5 minutes.

I placed my first order with them on the 5th, all in-stock items. Sent personal check which got there on the 8th. Still haven't received a shipping confirmation email after they said it would ship last thrusday or friday.

Edited to add: Just got off the phone with them after waiting another 5 minutes on hold. The girl said my first eligible shipping date on my first order (placed on the 5th) was the 18th and said my order has been sent to the shipping department but doesn't know when it will ship. Thought about cancelling my order (partly because of their CS and partly because of the drastic dive in PMs since my first order) but I won't do that to them as I would not want someone to do that to me.

Anyhoo.......
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    That pretty much was my first experience as well. I plan on bringing my business elsewhere in the future and will use them only as a last resort.

Good luck to you both with your delivery,
    Ray
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Sorta sounds like they got caught up in the drought as well. Taking orders while they have stock, then running out, but still have pending orders.

I'd not be surprised by delays from anyplace these days. Not that I don't realize how it fells to be waiting as I have for several weeks now.
    COA
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorta sounds like they got caught up in the drought as well. Taking orders while they have stock, then running out, but still have pending orders.

I'd not be surprised by delays from anyplace these days. Not that I don't realize how it fells to be waiting as I have for several weeks now. >>

I expect that they didn't take your order/s unless they could replace that inventory for less. Possible they may have a hard time replacing it.
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    I can tell you that they do not respond to emails. Not even an acknowledgement. Their customer service is helpful and nice when you can actually get a hold of them by phone. The "online help" basically just tells you to call the number.
  • Options

<< <i>Still haven't shipped, Bought Monday 15th, wire paid 16th Morning.
    In stock item,
    Call they give you the yada yada yada , sometime this week line >>

Ditto on the above statement same exact happen to me this morning. Only difference is my bank wire was sent in on 4-6-13 WTF. I ask the lady if they sell items that are not in stock her reply was the items were on the way from their supplier.
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my post, but thanks for the heads-ups !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I interpret the bullion market,

Some sellers are accepting MONEY, then blaming non delivery on 3rd parties.

The more the market gyrates, the probable longer the delays and excuses
    Until the rubber band snaps and all the buyer has is an empty bag.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be this:

I expect that they didn't take your order/s unless they could replace that inventory for less. Possible they may have a hard time replacing it.

And it very well could turn out like this:

As I interpret the bullion market,

Some sellers are accepting MONEY, then blaming non delivery on 3rd parties.

The more the market gyrates, the probable longer the delays and excuses
    Until the rubber band snaps and all the buyer has is an empty bag.

This is what happens in a hot market, the sales channels fill up with newcomers, some of whom operate on thin margins, and some of whom who operate mostly on their customers' money.

This is why I much prefer the dealers who've been around the block for a number of years. When things are stable, no problem - but it's when things get dicey that the risks rise, like now.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    They were supposed to ship my order on the 17th. I just called them, they don't know when it will ship or where it is in the queue.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, I place my order last week and the check cleared today. This is my 2nd order and the first one (several months ago) went very smooth. I guess I will see what happens with this one, though I am in no hurry to get it, I just want to get it, if you know what I mean!!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you get your metal purchases, delays are nothing to sweat in the current market. Even the best of dealers are running into delays.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As long as you get your metal purchases, delays are nothing to sweat in the current market. Even the best of dealers are running into delays. >>

Agreed. If I have it I just have to store it. Might as well be stored on Goldmart's dime for a while rather than mine.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent them a check for my first order with them on 04-16. They emailed tonight to say it had arrived and been deposited, and that they ship 7 days after they deposit your check.

That's fine. I'm not in a huge rush and given the velocity of physical metals lately, that's not bad.

They also have an option where you can deposit your check to them in any Bank of America. That's a pretty cool feature that could come in handy in the future.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Hum, you got an email?? My check clear but no email!!! Hum!!!
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Some guy on another forum claims they cashed his check for two tubes of coins, and they sent him two coins. He's been calling and trying to work it out to no avail so far.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some guy on another forum claims they cashed his check for two tubes of coins, and they sent him two coins. He's been calling and trying to work it out to no avail so far. >>

Now there's a serious issue of concern. Delays are one thing, but errors are something else entirely (and unacceptable)!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    I placed my first order with them on the 15th. On the 19th I received an email saying that their silver shipment is being delayed. On the positive side, they have not charged my credit card yet.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Some guy on another forum claims they cashed his check for two tubes of coins, and they sent him two coins. He's been calling and trying to work it out to no avail so far. >>

Now there's a serious issue of concern. Delays are one thing, but errors are something else entirely (and unacceptable)! >>

Not being able to get a mistake corrected is entirely unacceptable. The odds of a mistake are greatly increased as the amount of shipping being done increases. It's how the mistake is resolved that matters most.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they always this way even when business activity is at a more normal level?
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Are they always this way even when business activity is at a more normal level? >>

No, not with my first order. Came ASAP, within a few days.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with Provident Metals. They send me an e-mail on April 15 that they got my check. They have yet to ship.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I had three orders with them this month. first one by BoA bill pay made on the 1st ..received order on the 18th . (17 days) 2nd made by BoA cash deposit on the 5th , received order on the 22 nd (17 days) Third .BoA billpay on the 15th .. so I,m not expecting it till around the May 2 .. I,m happy.