Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PNG logo on eBay how to add?

I've been wondering how to acquire the PNG label for my eBay Store auctions. Where do I upload my membership number?!?

And now for a mini vent … some of the featured coins from their "Curated Selection" seem a tad hilarious:

Three of the first six "featured items" are overpriced NCLT and another one is a nat'l parks quarter …

edit: changed the title of this thread to *hopefully* attract some answers about how to add the PNG logo to eBay auctions, and how to get ones coins included in their Monthly Coin Event
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Nobody knows how to add the PNG logo?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nobody knows how to add the PNG logo? >>

I can't help but LMAOROTF Here! Do you understand what the PNG Logo is? Costs alotta bucks to reside with the so called elite! image
  • Options
    Prof. Numismatic Guild ... I don't get the joke. I see a ton of PNG logos on eBay lots and I wanna know what it takes to have that. Please elaborate!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Prof. Numismatic Guild ... I don't get the joke. I see a ton of PNG logos on eBay lots and I wanna know what it takes to have that. Please elaborate! >>

Ist you have to have a member sponser...then you have to pay a 4 figure application fee...then if 1 member blackballs you you can not join! image
  • Options
    call ebay
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Prof. Numismatic Guild ... I don't get the joke. I see a ton of PNG logos on eBay lots and I wanna know what it takes to have that. Please elaborate! >>

It sounds like you are not currently a member, so here's the guidelines for joining.

Assuming you are successful at joining the PNG at some level, then you would need to just "code" the JPG Logo into an eBay template. Jeremy Katz (airplanenut) coded a page for me eons ago (all you need to do is insert the image location, and description of the coin(s) for each listing), so he might be of assistance if his schedule allows; for a slight fee, of course. image
  • Options
    Actually, you're confused but I appreciate the attempt image Here's what I'm talking about:

When you search on eBay, some results have the logo while others do not. This isn't unique to coins, either; I've seen brand logos alongside other items too like clothes.

And BTW amwldcoins, membership is only a couple hundred not quite four digits. I believe it's the financial holdings requirement that prevents most people from joining. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

I think Mac was right on. You pay a large amount of money to be become a sponsored PNG member and, if accepted, you receive the code for the PNG logo.
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭
    To do what you're asking about, you would have to contact PNG to get included in their PNG dealer list on eBay. It's not something you can set up through eBay.
  • Options
    Thank you, Mr. Potato Head! image

And Mac, thanks for your effort as well, although I interpreted your reply as putting logos into the item description whereas this appears elsewhere.

Thank you all for your input. Greatly appreciated.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE