Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

When submitting to NGC do Ancients go on same submission as World coins?

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. NGC Ancients is an entirely separate entity with a different grading system.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PS- same company, can go in the same package, but different submission forms and services otherwise.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    That's what I figured. I have 1 Ancient worth grading and 3 World. I thought I might join NGC for the 4 free submissions if it went on the same form. Guess they stay raw for now.
  • Options
    If you just have one, it could piggyback with my next submission, but since I just got one back it is likely to be a while before I submit another batch. I do have some medievals to be graded but I am gonna try PCGS for those. You could ask Larry (dabigkahuna)- he also submits to NGC Ancients periodically. Those of us who do plastic slabs with ancients are a bit of a minority. It's expensive, but worth it (to me, mostly). Not everybody feels that way, of course.