Home Sports Talk
Options

RIP - Pat Summerall

DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
Legendary broadcaster Pat Summerall has died, the the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. Summerall was 82 years old.
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    One of the best pro football announcers ever. RIP.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Him teamed up with John Madden was probably my favorite football broadcast team ever. Summerall in his condition at this very minute could call a game better than Joe Buck.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Born with a backwards foot.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    An interesting paragraph I just found on the Internet
    He was an amazingly versatile athlete. As a high school football player, he set a state record for the most pass receptions in a season, and then won a scholarship to the University of Arkansas — in basketball, not football, though he ended up playing both sports. He also fought in the Golden Gloves as an amateur heavyweight, and won a Florida state junior tennis championship — beating a player, Herbie Flam, who later made it to the finals at Forest Hills. If that wasn’t enough, he also played minor league baseball for a time in the St. Louis Cardinals organization.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.