Home Precious Metals
Options

Online purchase lately

Let’s see how long it takes to take physical delivery of you bullion that was ordered today. With the mad rush all the online dealers are seeing i would expect to see longer than usually shipping times.
Mine was Goldmart on 4-6-13 and 4-15-13 bank wire for both and still waiting on first order.
It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let’s see how long it takes to take physical delivery of you bullion that was ordered today. With the mad rush all the online dealers are seeing i would expect to see longer than usually shipping times.
    Mine was Goldmart on 4-6-13 and 4-15-13 bank wire for both and still waiting on first order. >>

Taking the price drop out of it entirely, I would not be happy waiting 10 days for delivery after paying by bank wire. Your first order was a week before the big sell-off started. What's up with that? image
  • Options
    Forgot to add I have received tracking info. for delivery on 4-17-13 first order.
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Good info, since I ordered some stuff from them. I won't be unsettled if it takes a bit of time.
    COA
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I just grabbed 45x 10 oz bars and one 1 oz Platinum Noble off Goldmart. Their slow shipping won't bother me, as I am delaying shipment until I return from my trip to Europe!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    I made first ever online purchase yesterday. I went with Goldmart.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I have few orders pending.

Goldmart is still waiting for my check to clear. They are still in the timeframe of 5-7 business days.
    Provident hasn't processed yet my orders placed with CC on Friday and Monday.
    Silvertowne, shipped my Friday's order on Monday. It was a Sovereign, not a bunch of silver.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 2 ounces of AU on goldmart yesterday. My first purchase from them as well. Paying by check. I'm in no hurry, I don't usually sell. This is stuff to replace some recent trades. I've logged it into my excel file, if I get it within a month it's all the same to me.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gainesville has mine processed. Said expected shipping in 2 weeks, but all my orders from there have said that, might be a default...?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbs, ASE boxes, over the phone they said in stock but could take up a week to ship because of all the PM orders hitting them. Keep and eye on their website (dbscoins.com), they put up 2 boxes today and 2 yesterday. I believe they are coming in to dbs as purchases and are more than likely prior years but dbs says they are sealed. My latest purchase was 3.95 over spot.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>dbs, ASE boxes, over the phone they said in stock but could take up a week to ship because of all the PM orders hitting them. Keep and eye on their website (dbscoins.com), they put up 2 boxes today and 2 yesterday. I believe they are coming in to dbs as purchases and are more than likely prior years but dbs says they are sealed. My latest purchase was 3.95 over spot. >>

I didn't know DBS (I now remember you mentioned before though). They have good prices and free shipping.
    Not a great variety but still it may worth a shot.
    Thanks derryb!
  • Options
    Update on both of my orders:
    First order placed on 4-6-13 still no shipment...
    Second order placed on 4-15-13 has been received. I dont understand why the first one has not shipped yet. All my items were still in stock when i placed the second order 9 days later. Both were bank wires.

• Options
    Update on my orders.

<< <i>I have few orders pending.

Goldmart is still waiting for my check to clear. They are still in the timeframe of 5-7 business days. *SHIPPED yesterday
    Provident hasn't processed yet my orders placed with CC on Friday and Monday. *Both NOT SHIPPED yet
    Silvertowne, shipped my Friday's order on Monday. It was a Sovereign, not a bunch of silver. *RECEIVED >>

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Update on both of my orders:
    First order placed on 4-6-13 still no shipment...
    Second order placed on 4-15-13 has been received. I dont understand why the first one has not shipped yet. All my items were still in stock when i placed the second order 9 days later. Both were bank wires. >>

Contact them, same thing happened to me, I waited. After 6 days I called them and they asked me if I paid.... I paid them by depositing cash into their bank account.... Took another day sothey could bring it higher.... not sure what that meant. I called the next day and they shipped it that evening.

Best,
    Ray
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    sooner or later 1 may go belly up...
    this info from southern cross...

Thought Gainesville Coins had a good reputation until this fiasco.

Last week, before price drop, ordered sizeable silver purchase for my kids from Gainesville Coins to replace their SLV paper. Representative stated silver rounds were in inventory. Please allow time to ship. Asked for order confirmation. Stated not needed as email would be sent right away to confirm. Never received email even after sending them an email from my account as requested by them. Next, order info. was given back incorrectly three times by sales representative. Keep in mind this order was prior to last Friday's price falling off the cliff. Anyway, today I called them and asked if I could drop by, 45 minutes away, and pickup the coins at the showroom counter. No way. (Company policy first before customers.) They stated I could see coins but not pickup at the counter. In my opinion Gainesville Coins does not have my coins allocated yet they have my wire from last week. I don't know about you, but "in inventory" to me means somewhere in the back room. What I found out is the word "inventory" to Gainesville Coin also means whatever they have agreed to purchase from their mint and not necessarily whats in the back room. This is disturbing given the representative stated at the time of purchase they had the coins in inventory. Does anyone here disagree what the word "inventory" means?

Today I was told the word "inventory" might not be what I consider the word "inventory" to mean. After 2 hours on the phone with the management discussing the matter, they agreed to transfer the coins at the counter if I would give me the coins I paid for a the showroom counter but only on the condition I blogged some kind words about Gainsville Coin. I kid you not. The manager, Brett, stated that if I said good things on the internet about Gainsville Coin, I could come pickup my coins today at the counter. When I said I preferred to not say anything on blogs, he refused to give me the coins over the counter unless I participated in lying to you the readers of TF and on other sites.

What have I learned? Gainesville Coin does not have allocated metal even after receiving your wired money. Gainesville Coin has a definition of "inventory" that includes third party risk, at the mint metal, and not what a reasonable person interprets "inventory" to mean. Gainesville Coin absolutely places business practices above customer satisfaction and what a reasonable customer would expect in this situation. Gainesville Coin seems to make alot of small mistakes when taking an order. The showroom policy is to have no available precious metals for arms length over the counter purchase and only takes orders with showcase samples. Gainesville Coin is willing to blackmail a customer for the sake of good feedback even when the customer would just rather drop the matter and let it be water under the bridge.

I have bought from other dealers with no issue and this was a first.
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Goldmart thinks the same way.
    From another thread:

<< <i>

<< <i>Just received this email from them....

At the time of many orders, products were in stock and ready to ship, which at the time was the truth as we had product in-house, en route, as well as paid orders with distributors waiting for their production, delivery and shipment.

>>

Good to know "at the time was the truth". LOLOL Srsly. Who writes this stuff? >>

• Options

<< <i>sooner or later 1 may go belly up...

Last week, before price drop, ordered sizeable silver purchase for my kids from Gainesville Coins to replace their SLV paper. Representative stated silver rounds were in inventory. Please allow time to ship. Asked for order confirmation. Stated not needed as email would be sent right away to confirm. Never received email even after sending them an email from my account as requested by them. Next, order info. was given back incorrectly three times by sales representative. Keep in mind this order was prior to last Friday's price falling off the cliff. Anyway, today I called them and asked if I could drop by, 45 minutes away, and pickup the coins at the showroom counter. No way. (Company policy first before customers.) They stated I could see coins but not pickup at the counter. In my opinion Gainesville Coins does not have my coins allocated yet they have my wire from last week. I don't know about you, but "in inventory" to me means somewhere in the back room. What I found out is the word "inventory" to Gainesville Coin also means whatever they have agreed to purchase from their mint and not necessarily whats in the back room. This is disturbing given the representative stated at the time of purchase they had the coins in inventory. Does anyone here disagree what the word "inventory" means?

Today I was told the word "inventory" might not be what I consider the word "inventory" to mean. After 2 hours on the phone with the management discussing the matter, they agreed to transfer the coins at the counter if I would give me the coins I paid for a the showroom counter but only on the condition I blogged some kind words about Gainsville Coin. I kid you not. The manager, Brett, stated that if I said good things on the internet about Gainsville Coin, I could come pickup my coins today at the counter. When I said I preferred to not say anything on blogs, he refused to give me the coins over the counter unless I participated in lying to you the readers of TF and on other sites.

What have I learned? Gainesville Coin does not have allocated metal even after receiving your wired money. Gainesville Coin has a definition of "inventory" that includes third party risk, at the mint metal, and not what a reasonable person interprets "inventory" to mean. Gainesville Coin absolutely places business practices above customer satisfaction and what a reasonable customer would expect in this situation. Gainesville Coin seems to make alot of small mistakes when taking an order. The showroom policy is to have no available precious metals for arms length over the counter purchase and only takes orders with showcase samples. Gainesville Coin is willing to blackmail a customer for the sake of good feedback even when the customer would just rather drop the matter and let it be water under the bridge.

I have bought from other dealers with no issue and this was a first. >>

Big thanks cause they are also on my will NOT BUY LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Never had a problem with Gainesville.image
  • Options

<< <i>

They stated I could see coins but not pickup at the counter.

After 2 hours on the phone with the management discussing the matter, they agreed to transfer the coins at the counter if I would give me the coins I paid for a the showroom counter but only on the condition I blogged some kind words about Gainsville Coin. I kid you not. The manager, Brett, stated that if I said good things on the internet about Gainsville Coin, I could come pickup my coins today at the counter. When I said I preferred to not say anything on blogs, he refused to give me the coins over the counter unless I participated in lying to you the readers of TF and on other sites.

Big thanks cause they are also on my will NOT BUY LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

X2

I just figured how much I have spent with them in the last two months. $2,263.06

After reading this I have concluded that I have many other places I can spend my money. Customer Service news travels fast.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bought from other dealers with no issue and this was a first. >>

Keep in mind a lot of sales for them and similar dealers were made based on supplies that are being delayed getting to them. Pre-selling will burn a few of them in a tight supply market. Happens on ebay all the time. This is exactly how COMEX and LBMA paper markets will eventually fail.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Hmm and urgh. Got a shipping/tracking email, and then a weird 'oops' customer service email from my order on the slam. Either i'm getting something Monday or maybe it's shipping Monday, or I'm SOL. We'll see
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    bought from AMPEX off eBay 4-26. See how long it takes.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I read this thread, it has dawned on me why every so often I read
    Brown nose testimonials to Gainsville Coin. I have noticed them periodically
    on the net, just off topic and out of the blue.

The other thing that I've noticed is that many of the internet
    bullion dealers are located in states with very weak consumer
    protection laws.

Coincidence?image
    FWIW, projected inventory is not the same as in stock, ready to ship inventory.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    From another forum today, reaffirms my suspicions. The posters zealousness does not
    jibe with the forum IQ and demeanor.

" You guys should go to Gainesville Coins. They have Silver Canadian Buffalos for 3.09 over spot right now, and a lot of them. Even in normal premium times this is a decent deal (maybe 40 cents for than normal). I just bought a crap load. You will have to wait a few weeks for delivery though"

Looks like a cheap sales pitch.
    Which it is.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    Who you calling out?
  • Options
    Dr. Buster,

I've seen it too many times this last year for it to be a coincidence.

When the posting is made........ I think to myself...... odd that someone
    Is pitching a company.....only because nobody in the group needs to
    be instructed how to buy/sell.

How do I prove it? I can't. I trust my gut.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    Dr. Buster,

My first ad was published in Coin World in 1961.

51 years and I've learned to smell a rat.

Regards
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    I dunno, the regulars here do keep everyone aware of all the deals going on. I don't see that as any kind of shill here really. We all get the emails, some folks keep up with a few and spread the news, no reason not to share for everyone really.

And if i were to shill...well it would be adidas as I'm a sneaker junky

• Options
    Dr. Buster,

Forgive me plz for I am a suspicious person by nature. I manufacture products in LA
    and that is my excuse. Dealing with salesmen and thieves is my specialty.image
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't deal with Gainesville--they declined to ship to FPO addresses, which I would have understand if they used UPS or Fedex or something. However the email response I had gotten from them was a little on the snotty side and gave this excuse: "due to our insurance policy, we are unable to ship to these type of addresses". They wouldn't even let me open an account (AA, AE and AP didn't fit in the drop down menu) so I couldn't even buy, then ship somewhere else. It ticked me off. Apmex, GoldenEagleCoins and Provident have all been just fine with shipping to me, despite my low volume orders and my extra paperwork (all USPS, same costs but a customs form is required).

I missed this thread earlier, but for the record, on the 15th and 16th I placed tiny orders with Apmex and GEC. I am hardly a high priority customer...one was for a small amount of 1/10 gold and platinum eagles and the second was for a roll of 20 of 2013 silver eagles and a few more 1/10 golds (GEC and Apmex respectively). Both arrived on the 22nd, which is about as fast as anything ever gets here.

The only thing I can complain about is that GEC has a tendency to send platinum 1/10 coins slabbed. Right now I'm trying to slowly fill a mint tube and the slab just gets in the way (I just can't seem to make myself crack a slab on those given the history of counterfeits).

Cathy

• Options
    FWIW: I wasn't home as the mailman came way late - after 5pm, which was martini-Monday time - but my Gainesville order was attempted delivery yesterday, exactly as estimated when purchased - 2 weeks spot on. I'll pick it up this afternoon and hopefully it will be correct, shouldn't be any problems I assume.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>bought from AMPEX off eBay 4-26. See how long it takes. >>

1oz AGE just landed in mail box. Friday evening buy here/delivered noon Wednesday = super serviceimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    2.5 rolls of 2012 Takus. 2 for me and 10 singles for my friends pile apparently as I didn't even get them home from the PO before she snapped the half roll up. Hopefully the 350k mintage is correct. Just a little more variety for my continental silver stacks. Very nice looking.