Home Sports Talk
Options

2013 NFL Draft

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭
What are everyone's thoughts on the draft this year? It will be interesting to see where Manti Teo goes...

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the idiot bears draft that loser

Edited to add ... I hope the Rams finally get some line help and some receiver help. I never understand teams that draft QBs that high and do not give them an o-line and weapons
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the price of Sandcastles jerseys gone down since the SuperBowl?
  • Options
    I don't remember a draft where the no one has a solid idea what first pick will be.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should go pretty high on everyones fantasy team.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    The other interesting aspect of this draft is that there is a slight possibility of no QB or RB taken in the first round.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one hope the Vikings can get a couple of more high end defensive players. They are staring to get old in spots.

Speaking of old, I was disappointed at them letting Antoine Winfield get away. He had a very good year last year and the Vikings seemed to handle him poorly. Here's a guy who played here for 9 years at a very high level, with no problems on or off the field and he gets cut. Should have given him one more year or tried to renegotiate.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Top three Underated first round potential picks: Magus Hunt, Manti Teo, Eddie Lacy Three Overated: Lane Johnson, Geno Smith, and Johnathon Cyprien.
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options

<< <i>I was disappointed at them letting Antoine Winfield get away. He had a very good year last year and the Vikings seemed to handle him poorly. Here's a guy who played here for 9 years at a very high level, with no problems on or off the field and he gets cut. Should have given him one more year or tried to renegotiate. >>

Yep, that will burn them in week 11. I was hoping to have him back another year.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Top three Underated first round potential picks: Magus Hunt, Manti Teo, Eddie Lacy Three Overated: Lane Johnson, Geno Smith, and Johnathon Cyprien. >>

I think Teo's comparison to Rey Maualuga isn't far-fetched. Early hype had him going early, but mostly from the fans. I see him going late in the first, at best, and still being a bust at that draft position. His girlf... ah, why even go there anymore?
  • Options
    Vikes gave up too much to get Patterson at 29. And we still have no LB!
  • Options
    And I can't imagine Geno Smith sitting in that room all night. I think Jon Gruden even said that Smith must have had friend at ESPN in order to be invited.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears as though the Falcons were concerned about the Vikings getting Trufant so they traded up.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Rams did OK ... they still need help. Maybe Lacy gets to them still and they could use more wide out help
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I like what Vikings did last night!

I'm glad they stayed clear of Teo!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    I thought the Vikings and Rams had the best 1st rounds. Floyd, Rhodes and Patterson are immediate impacts for Minnesota. Same with Austin and Ogletree for St Louis. Cincinnati got real lucky having Eifert fall to them.

I'm scratching my head over the Jets Raiders and Bills moves. Milliner has had numerous surgeries and Richardson just doesn't fit in. Jets didn't need another DT. Raiders taking Hayden who basically had his chest inplode on a football field is real scary. I think if the Raiders had traded down again, he still would've been wherever they went. The same can be said for the Bills. Buffalo was really the only team looking at a QB in the first round. They could have dropped 15 spots and still got their guy. They probably could've waited until the 3rd round and still gotten Manuel.

Not surprised that Geno Smith and Manti Te'o weren't drafted. But they will be gone in round two.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>Buffalo was really the only team looking at a QB in the first round. They could have dropped 15 spots and still got their guy. They probably could've waited until the 3rd round and still gotten Manuel.. >>

• Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    For the first time in ten years im actually ok with what The Raiders got done in the draft.
    Nathan Wagner