Home Sports Talk
Options

Dodger-Padre Brawl!

Obviously a lousy way to lose Greinke, but let me get this straight:

It's a 1 run game in the 6th. You battle the leadoff man to a 3 & 2 count. Now your going to purposely hit this batter!

Give me a frigin break! Greinke would not have intentionally hit a batter in that situation. The ball just got away from him.

Now because this idiot has to charge the mound, we will be without a top pitcher for how long! Justice would be to suspend him for the amount of time Zach is out!

Edited to warn you all: Do not post something on here that will put me over the edge!!!image

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I was bummed about it at first but the reality is that's sports. Sucks but it's the way it is. Would rather lose him now than in October. We are going to be ok!
  • Options

<< <i> Justice would be to suspend him for the amount of time Zach is out! >>

That certainly makes more sense then suspending him for a handful of games, which is the likely outcome. Also, if this system were in play you can bet it would serve as a deterrent to players who want to fight.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I missed this one. How is he hurt?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Zack Greinke was diagnosed with a fractured left collarbone. VIDEO
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Maybe he was just tired of the count, said "Gah, I don't like his face!" and plunked him?

Or, he wants some free time to spend some that bloated contract the Dodgers gave him?
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    I'd probably toss a few expletives in AJ Ellis' direction. What was he doing not immediately getting out in front of Quentin to prevent a mound charge? Quentin and Greinke were jawing at each other before Quentin charged. He had the time.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Quentin loves leaning into balls...

(that's what she said)
  • Options

<< <i>I'd probably toss a few expletives in AJ Ellis' direction. What was he doing not immediately getting out in front of Quentin to prevent a mound charge? Quentin and Greinke were jawing at each other before Quentin charged. He had the time. >>

Great point. I noticed that as well.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    fwiw in the 95 beanings Quentin has worn since 2008, 25% of said beanings are 6 inches or less off of the plate which is 20x higher than the Major League average of beanees. Translation: Quentin = extreme plate diver.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Greinke definitely is no Nolan

Too bad though that he broke his collarbone doing something stupid. Hate to see a player go down due to something like that. Reminds me of that Halos player (I think) that got hurt celebrating a couple years back
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    He has led the league in HBP last several years.

Mgr of pads said there was bad blood between the even before this.

charging...I hope he gets a stiff fine and long suspension. getting hbp and pitching in are part of game.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Greinke definitely is no Nolan

Too bad though that he broke his collarbone doing something stupid. Hate to see a player go down due to something like that. Reminds me of that Halos player (I think) that got hurt celebrating a couple years back >>

Ya .. that was Morales fracturing his ankle jumping onto home plate after a GS ... idiot!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Listening to The Mets game ... just said he was suspended for only EIGHT games. Hope he was fined a LARGE amount. (Not large to you and me, but large to a guy making the amount of money he makes.)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

Incredibly foolish of Greinke to lower his shoulder into him like that. What a moron. I mean come on, Quentin is built like an NFL linebacker and all Greinke had to do was dance around until his team bailed him out of the fight. Quentin could have turned little Zack into a pretzel if he had the time. You gotta respect your adversary lest you get the crap beaten out of you.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Incredibly foolish of Greinke to lower his shoulder into him like that. What a moron. I mean come on, Quentin is built like an NFL linebacker and all Greinke had to do was dance around until his team bailed him out of the fight. Quentin could have turned little Zack into a pretzel if he had the time. You gotta respect your adversary lest you get the crap beaten out of you. >>

Incredibly foolish of Greinke? Would you have rather him run away like a little girl? Greinke handled the situation fine, although he was clearly not the instigator here.

*Edited to remove offensive remark.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>I was bummed about it at first but the reality is that's sports. Sucks but it's the way it is. Would rather lose him now than in October. We are going to be ok! >>

Nah...that's not just the way it is in MLB. If that was the way it is, this would happen every night (like the joke that is Major League Hockey). Baseball is better than than, which is why bums like Quentin will get a signifcant ban and fine.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Incredibly foolish of Greinke to lower his shoulder into him like that. What a moron. I mean come on, Quentin is built like an NFL linebacker and all Greinke had to do was dance around until his team bailed him out of the fight. Quentin could have turned little Zack into a pretzel if he had the time. You gotta respect your adversary lest you get the crap beaten out of you. >>

Incredibly foolish of Greinke? Would you have rather him run away like a little girl? Greinke handled the situation fine, although he was clearly not the instigator here. Quentin is just another bum latin player who doesn't understand MLB ethics. >>

I agree that Greinke shouldn't just run away, but don't pretend that you're Ronnie Lott either. He signed a huge contract and now he may miss half the season. Quentin is fron Chula Vista, CA and he may have some issues with his anger but he's not an ignorant latin player as you suggest.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Incredibly foolish of Greinke? Would you have rather him run away like a little girl? Greinke handled the situation fine, although he was clearly not the instigator here. Quentin is just another bum latin player who doesn't understand MLB ethics. >>

I agree with you on the first part but not the second. "another bum latin player...." Come on mcadams. You are better than that. He's from San Diego and went to Stanford.
  • Options
    You're right, that was poorly worded. I'm sorry.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the history between these guys it makes a little more sense why Quentin charged him.

Greinke stood his ground as he should have.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Quentin didn't need to come at him like he was a tacking dummy (IMO)

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given their history (2 previous HBPs plus, supposedly, 5 other balls over Quentin's head), I expect that Quentin was expecting to get hit during the game. Supposedly he'd vowed to go after Greinke the next time Greinke plunked him. Personally, it looks to me like that pitch was on purpose. Doesn't look like a pitch that got away at all. And then Greinke says something at him, which is when Quentin charged the mound. I'm not saying it was on purpose or that Quentin was right but it sure is plausible. There's also the fact that Greinke hits Quentin 20x as frequently as any other hitter (once ever 20 PAs vs 1 ever 225 PAs).