Home Precious Metals
Options

Kitco not shipping certain products within US?

Was looking at kitco to buy a 10 oz sunshine bar and site says only non US shipments due to high demand....does this make sense? cant get link to work
"I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Kitco is in Canada, I would assume that Sunshine sells them their bars but wants to keep the exclusivity in the US.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was looking at kitco to buy a 10 oz sunshine bar and site says only non US shipments due to high demand....does this make sense? cant get link to work >>

APMEX has them and I'm sure they'll be happy to sell them to Americans. Are you buying the new ones with the security feature on the back?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Goldmart is selling them at $293.80 each.
    I purchased few 1 ozers a while back from them, good company to deal with.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be more hassle (paperwork/record keeping) or expense to ship from Canada into US when they have buyers elsewhere. I have seen this in the past with some of their products. May also be a restriction placed on them by there supplier to protect existing territories.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Was looking at kitco to buy a 10 oz sunshine bar and site says only non US shipments due to high demand....does this make sense? cant get link to work >>

APMEX has them and I'm sure they'll be happy to sell them to Americans. Are you buying the new ones with the security feature on the back? >>

apmex way too much of a premium..I guess the new bars will do fine.
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭

<< <i>Goldmart is selling them at $293.80 each.
    I purchased few 1 ozers a while back from them, good company to deal with. >>

thanks for the tip! Much better prices.