Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Carnation Wrestling Pack on ebay is going nuts

I guess the wrestling card madness is going beyond the Wrestling All Stars. I am a bit shocked to be honest. Over $200 for a couple of ungraded wrestling cards in cellophane. These cards might not even be in very good condition despite being sealed. They were floating around in a cocoa bag and who knows what else for the last 28 years.
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Insane, but not surprising. When you watch Raw and Smackdown you can see sold-out crowds every week. And all the parents are now reconnecting with their childhood youth and collecting passions.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have quite a few nice wrestling cards and this is one of my favorites. It is in a PSA 8 holder I just need to scan it. I wish I had been able to accumulate more before this explosion.

This auction is going to end higher with the pace of this assent.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Both card in the pack look very suspect for any type of grading.....
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I think it'd be cool to have the unopened material regardless of the condition. Can't imagine there is a lot out there.
  • Options
    Finished at $281.

I was very fortunate to get my first pack like this for $16. It was poorly listed and I had my max bid at $150. I was thrilled when it ended.

• Options
    This pack did do well.... I am sure we will never see the day of a pack that cheap again.
  • Options
    round two with another pack on ebay......
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I am gonna vomit here. I had at least three or four sets of these in 1986 or so. My brothers and I drank this stuff like it was chocolate milk. Oh wait it was. The neighbor worked for Carnation is some sort of way and we got containers of this either for free or dirt cheap. I am 99$ positive I tossed these in the 90's

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Options
    Favre you and others might be the reason these are so rare by throwing them out.

The Carnation Major League Wrestling cards are by far the most rare cards from the 80's wrestling sets and perhaps of any wrestling cards.

It can be months without a single card surfacing.

The Ric Flair and The Road Warriors are the two most expensive cards from the set of six.

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    yup, just vomitted again
  • Options
    Let's see how much vomit you may have.......

three or four sets at $900 to $1000 per set ........

If you do not like wrestling that could have bought another sports card.......

I've been there, I sold my PSA 9 Hogan rookie way too cheap a few years ago.....
  • Options
    Are those ungraded prices?

Crazy. This is a different seller too! I'm wondering if this is going to start a selling frenzy? So big question is... Does it sell more than $281?
  • Options
    Yes they are raw prices.

• Options
    It has a way to go before reaching $281....