Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Growing up, Easter always signaled the start of baseball season and the introduction of the year's baseball cards. Beginning in 1976, Easter eggs were replaced with unopened packs of the new baseball cards for the year (one wax box from the local wholesaler split, 18 packs hidden in the family room for me, 18 packs hidden in the kitchen / dining room for my brother). That tradition continued even throughout our college years. Don't ask me why, but the one card I distinctly remember getting was the following:

Since then I have grown to understand the true significance of Easter, but those days will be remembered forever.

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Cool. I distinctly remember getting cards for a while at Easter too. Happy Easter!
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Amazing what we remember. I always got a 12 inch solid chocolate easter bunny. Man did those last forever.

Happy Easter!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Easter Everyone!

Growing up, Easter always signaled the start of baseball season and the introduction of the year's baseball cards. Beginning in 1976, Easter eggs were replaced with unopened packs of the new baseball cards for the year (one wax box from the local wholesaler split, 18 packs hidden in the family room for me, 18 packs hidden in the kitchen / dining room for my brother). That tradition continued even throughout our college years. Don't ask me why, but the one card I distinctly remember getting was the following:

Since then I have grown to understand the true significance of Easter, but those days will be remembered forever. >>

Great story.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Amazing what we remember. I always got a 12 inch solid chocolate easter bunny. Man did those last forever.

Happy Easter!!! >>

Hiya Mike - you're a dentist's dream!

Happy Easter everyone.
    Mike
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter everyone,
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy easter to you all, hope this day finds you in good health and spirits. Funny thing is I remember searching everywhere for my easter basket (my parents were serious about hiding them) but I don't remember as much what was in it. Basically candy, but I do remember getting packs of cards in there as well. This is how I knew I found my basket, and not one of my siblings.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Easter everyone!

I can highly recommend "The Bible" series finale tonight on History.
    Good stuff for Easter!
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter everyone, and to the one who made this holiday special.
  • Options
    Happy Easter to you all.

I would also like to congratulate everyone, your baseball team is officially in first place.

GO TRIBE
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Easter everyone!

I can highly recommend "The Bible" series finale tonight on History.
    Good stuff for Easter! >>

Agreed.

Shane