Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Getting Scans of Cards to be small enough for the Message Board

I am fairly new to the message boards, and definitely a RC when it comes to posting pictures. What format is best (or program - using a Mac) to be able to get the scans of cards small enough to be able to be posted? Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Peter
PFB

Comments

• Me too, help needed. I tried to upload a couple pictures for my avatar but keeps telling methe pictures are too big. I don't know how to shrink them down to the size it says is needed.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Go to photobucket.com and use them as a host.

Upload your pic(s) there and then copy the url and paste it here.

It's free.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Thanks. The shrinkpictures.com worked for the avatar. Tinypix wanted all sorts of validation stuff I could not get by, and don't trust it. shirnkpictures though made me crop a picture, but it worked. thank you,
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just an FYI ... I have used Tinypic.com for years and have had no problems.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Thank you to everyone for the help - much appreciated!
    PFB
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Me too, help needed. I tried to upload a couple pictures for my avatar but keeps telling methe pictures are too big. I don't know how to shrink them down to the size it says is needed. >>

Turn on your PM
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go to photobucket.com and use them as a host.

Upload your pic(s) there and then copy the url and paste it here.

It's free.

Steve >>

+1

Later, Paul.