Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I get a little slice of coin shows at work!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
Someone who works where I do (and makes a looooot more money) is kind enough to bring in his 52-piece commem set, one coin every week or two, for me to look at. The guy has good taste-- he's building a MS67+ CAC set of rainbow toned coins, paying insane premiums if necessary, to get what he likes.

Meeting him was interesting-- he had a clock with a kangaroo on it and I asked if he'd been to Sydney before, which I had been. That led to a discussion about Australia, then their paper money, then their coins, then our coins, then I mentioned I collected as well. He figured out pretty quickly I was as big of a commem nerd as he was when I mentioned I'd heard about fake Lexington boxes on eBay and knew who designed the Bay Bridge half, the name of the bear on it, and how many artist-signed special display holders were made.

This is a good fix between Santa Clara shows!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    /jealous
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Meeting him was interesting-- he had a clock with a kangaroo on it and I asked if he'd been to Sydney before, which I had been. That led to a discussion about Australia, then their paper money, then their coins, then our coins, then I mentioned I collected as well. He figured out pretty quickly I was as big of a commem nerd as he was when I mentioned I'd heard about fake Lexington boxes on eBay and knew who designed the Bay Bridge half, the name of the bear on it, and how many artist-signed special display holders were made. >>

lol that is classic. thanks for sharing.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file