Home U.S. Coin Forum

Want a laugh? "Goodacre Cheerios dollar"

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gack!

linky
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gack!

linky >>

Gack, Gack!
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there are north of $100 worth of bids on it. I swear I'm going to list a coin as "Pig in a Poke" someday. I'll take a picture from a moving car. Probably make more money on that coin than most others I've sold on eBay.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a lot of boxes to be presented.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent him a question asking where the cent was in the "double package." Let's see if he shows it.

Feel free to pepper him with questions!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    do we have a buyer beware thread? I had a few words with a seller last week that despite numerous buyers explaining his coin was not authentic, he kept insisting that he explained it was questionable instead of taking it down
    SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CoinFlip ... that is a good idea.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see the tail feathers. How convenient!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still in double cheerios package ? I'll take a double, bartender !
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller must be mixing up cheerios with:
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He doesn't respond to questions or post them with a response. Just the one.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<And there are north of $100 worth of bids on it. I swear I'm going to list a coin as "Pig in a Poke" someday. I'll take a picture from a moving car. Probably make more money on that coin than most others I've sold on eBay.>>

I here you MD, no shortage of fools willing to part with their money. When I hear "Pig in a Poke" I think European Vacation image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The seller must be mixing up cheerios with:
    image >>

Hey coinJP, how do those taste compared to Cheerios?
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The seller must be mixing up cheerios with:
    image >>

Hey coinJP, how do those taste compared to Cheerios? >>

I don't know never had them.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, it's not just any old Cheerios dollar - it's a Goodacre Presentation Cheerios dollar, and a Proof to boot! You skeptics!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, it's not just any old Cheerios dollar - it's a Goodacre Presentation Cheerios dollar, and a Proof to boot! You skeptics! >>

180 Proof
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $108 and 7 bids with 5 days. no thanks, thats just not worth it
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly attracting bids. Up to $108
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey, it's not just any old Cheerios dollar - it's a Goodacre Presentation Cheerios dollar, and a Proof to boot! You skeptics! >>

180 Proof >>

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

180 Proof >>

image >>

Yeap exactly, I have watched that show a few times as well as the new show weed country ....
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

99.9% sure, if it is opened and proven not to be I will accept a return and give a full credit. Bought from an estate collection of a local collector and everything I have purchased from this estate the past year has been 100% authentic. Thanks for the inquiry.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Posted with eBay Mobile

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to ruin the fun but it was too painful to see not to report image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like how the question they were asked they didnt really answer... >>

I just asked, "Please answer the first question, "Q: Is this a Goodacre Presentation or a "Cheerios" dollar?".

image Pokin the bear.
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Listing has been removed... I guess he received a lot of questions. I didn't get his user name...
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay removed it. I think more than a few of us reported it.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file