Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Napoléon Bonaparte Autograph Framed (PSA/DNA) For Sale

Here is a wonderful opportunity to pick up a Napoléon Bonaparte autograph. The autograph is the typical "Np" style clipped from a letter or commission. It has been professional framed and matted to almost 12x19 in size. Full PSA/DNA letter. The signature portion measure approximately 1.9" x 3.2". $1450 shipped.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.

Comments

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Bump for price drop.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Wow, that's something you don't see everyday. Good Luck on the sale.
  • Options
    Off the market for a while, so let's try it again and cut this down to $1350 for the holidays! Unique and rare autograph, professionally framed, and full PSA/DNA letter!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the thick black part on the left from? Is that just part of how he signed? Also did he ever sign his whole name or was it always np?
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Did Napoleon play a sport? image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    The black is most def ink, and my guess is its from the style of quill pen (ala ink bleed) of the day. I've seen it on other Napoleon signatures in different places. As for the style of signature, "Np" is the most typical signature you will see. I have seen a few military documents signed "Napoleon", and one signed "Bonaparte", but I've never seen a full "Napoleon Bonaparte", although maybe they are out there.
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did Napoleon play a sport? image >>

-----
    Yep, blood sports.

John

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    Many thanks to Doug, who PM'ed me this!

"Napoleon Bonaparte's Evolving Signature

The earliest form of Napoleon's signature was: Buonaparte - showing his Corsican heritage but he soon changed to the French version: Bonaparte. Letters written after he received command of the Army of Italy are always on military matters as the very young general who had distinguished himself at the siege of Toulon began a series of military maneuvers unprecedented in their boldness. Bonaparte didn't follow conventional military tactics. Avoiding head-on battles he outflanked his enemies and then attacked their weak flank or, most successfully, attacked their rear positions. He quickly gained numerous victories and conquered Italy. His next conquest was Egypt where he reorganized just about every aspect of Egyptian administration and life, signing his orders Bonaparte with great flourish. In 1804, after crowning himself emperor, Napoleon dropped the Bonaparte part of his name and began to sign letters with variations of Napoleon - Np, Nap, Napol, and rarely Napoleon. Napoleon Bonaparte signed letters bear these variations depending upon the number of letters he was signing at that time. He would walk around his tent dictating letters to multiple secretaries simultaneously, picking up his thoughts in each letter as the secretary caught up with his dictation. His grasp of every detail is seen in his meticulous military planning in his letters and his concern for the welfare of his troops."

As for Napoleon playing a sport - I'm sure he was adept at equestrian sports...
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    I heard he really enjoyed water sports.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    As Napoleon entered Moscow in 1812 he like to play their favorite sport.

Russian roulette
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets