Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Some Modern Pop Grades in today! With Scans!!

I am generally pleased with the whole amount. These go from worst to best. I am a little baffled by the Leaf Greg Maddux getting a 7. It seemed really well centered, sharp corners. Maybe there is something I missed (clearly). I'm not sure why the Buster Posey's only got 9's. I was hoping to have 10's at the rookie level. Same with the Robert Griffin 2012 Platinum card. If I checked correctly, the Joey Votto card, there is none graded higher than a 9. And unless I am early looking, the 2011 Chrome Posey is a 1/1. Everything else is a 10 and happy for that. A few questions I have concerning the labeling as it would relate to the population report. The 2012 Topps Prime Trent Richardson should have "Blue" underneath the name or something suggest its a parallel card. So it gets logged in a normal card? Same thing with the 2013 Bryce Harper. Its a short print version of the regular card, but not noted, so it seems to get populated as the normal card. So there would seem to be a skew in the numbers. Am I right in thinking this?

Comments

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Trouts ...

And yes unless the variant is specified it is pegged as the base card in their database
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • The white color loss on the bottom left of the Maddux probably cost you.

• << <i>Nice Trouts ...

And yes unless the variant is specified it is pegged as the base card in their database >>

Hmmm. I did note it in my order sheet, but listed it as "Out of Bounds" as it seems that was the name attributed to it. But they did not pick up on that.

• << <i>The white color loss on the bottom left of the Maddux probably cost you. >>

Huh! I thought that was the holder. But I bet thats what did it. I'll have to wait to crack open the two other Leaf boxes I got. Its a tough card just to find centered.
  • Very nice grades overall. Especially on the Ripken FF and Thomas.
  • JaktJakt Posts: 573
    Ahh, the Ripken error card. Nice grade on that one. Always a classic!
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.