Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

being OCD about consistency in slabs sucks.

Short story...working on non-sports 7 piece cast set of customs...3 are already slabbed without autogrades, 3 more are in Derrick's bulk submission (without autograde). Just located and built number 7. The 7th one I am in limbo about what to do;
Options;
Send under the current blue flip $15 special which gets autograde (I would default to this, but signature won't get a 10)
Send it regular rate ($30) to get blueflip without autograde.
Wait til Derricks' fall bulk sub and get $10 blue flip, no autograde. (this means Aug/Sept submission and I might have it back by new years).

I have already decided and changed my mind from each of the 3 options above.

ARRRRRRG.
Sorry to rant, but wife is no help because she doesn't care and I need SOMEONE to care.
Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    You sure the current PSA/DNA is a Blue Flip Special? I thought it was a Red? If the card card is being Authenticated that's Red right?

PSA/DNA Special

Grading & Encapsulation Special

Any single-signed cut/card with a declared value under $150 will be Authenticated, Graded, and Encapsulated for $15
    No Membership Required
    Turnaround Time Varies with Demand
    Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 3/1/2013 - 3/31/2013!
    Click here for Full Details!

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Yes. If they include cuts it's for blue.

From the details page;

Any single-signed item with a declared value of $150* or less is now only $15. You get the autograph authenticated, graded and encapsulated in PSA's tamper-evident case for only $15. Please note: this is for the autograph only (Blue Flip); trading cards submitted for this special will not be authenticated or graded.

Commissions

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>You sure the current PSA/DNA is a Blue Flip Special? I thought it was a Red? If the card card is being Authenticated that's Red right? >>

Arturo Jr. - its Blue Flip ... go into the details section:

Any single-signed item with a declared value of $150* or less is now only $15. You get the autograph authenticated, graded and encapsulated in PSA's tamper-evident case for only $15. Please note: this is for the autograph only (Blue Flip); trading cards submitted for this special will not be authenticated or graded.

Edited to add: Jeffrey beat me to it. (I'd wait until later in the year.)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lol Arturo

Darn it, I guess I'll be resubmitting the two I sent in as I only wanted them for the graded set registry, now that they are authenticated can I send them in for regular grading directly? (They are 1995 Certified Auto's).

Alifaxwa2- Can you not just state grade as authentic no numeric grade for the special? I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about but seems logical? If not, I would just pay the $30.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>lol Arturo

Darn it, I guess I'll be resubmitting the two I sent in as I only wanted them for the graded set registry, now that they are authenticated can I send them in for regular grading directly? (They are 1995 Certified Auto's).

Alifaxwa2- Can you not just state grade as authentic no numeric grade for the special? I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about but seems logical? If not, I would just pay the $30. >>

Yes you can send those in for reg grading now.

No, I emailed and asked they said that you must take the autograde.

Commissions

• Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Darn it, I guess I'll be resubmitting the two I sent in as I only wanted them for the graded set registry, now that they are authenticated can I send them in for regular grading directly? (They are 1995 Certified Auto's). >>

They can be sent in and you only pay the fee as you would for any graded card, so they would qualify for a $4.50 special.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    ARRRRRRG.
    Sorry to rant, but wife is no help because she doesn't care and I need SOMEONE to care. >>

I can't help with the main topic, but I can certainly relate with this.