Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold Engelhard 2oz poured bars

Calling the Engelhard poured bars experts.

I am not into bar anymore but I ran in these two auctions and I was wondering why these too bars are so different.
Is it due to the fact that one has the "bull", which means it was made in Canada?

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anything it looks nice to me. best wishes
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look fine to me.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    collectallcollectall Posts: 202 ✭✭
    i have 1, i bought from a guy in texas, its my favorite bar, small lookin but super cool, i did pay a premium on it, i got it from a guy texz or sumthin like that
    collector of gold and silver bullion..Owner of "aaa trash be gone" buffalo ny
    references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice giveaway! I'd like to enter for the wavy 2nd one pleaseimage
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the bull horns on either one. Both look fine.

I recognize the second bar as one currently available. Last week I received the bar below from the same seller. You will see there is a bit of variation. FWIW my bar weighs in at 62.3 grams. The seller appears to be long established.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>I don't see the bull horns on either one. Both look fine.
    >>

See the close up, I thought that was the bull horns symbol.
    I don't own any of the two bars, I was just curious about their different looks. The second looks like yours.

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't see the bull horns on either one. Both look fine.
    >>

See the close up, I thought that was the bull horns symbol.
    I don't own any of the two bars, I was just curious about their different looks. The second looks like yours.

image >>

I see what you are talking about in the close up. To me it looks like some anamoly with that bar and not the horns.

As far as I can tell all three bars look different. I do like the one with the more pronoucned cooling rings.