Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

nascar ticket collection update

I know most of you guys (and gals!) are card collectors, but I just wanted to stop by to update and share to the sports world some stats on my NASCAR ticket collection.

Some stats on my ambitious project:

I've been collecting a little over 14 years now. I first started as a freshman in college. I'm now 31 and enjoy collecting more than ever.

My collection spans all 65 years of NASCAR (1949-2013) and out of 2,390 races, I've collected ticket stubs to 1,361 races.

Out of the so-called Modern Era (1972-present) 42 years of racing, I have a ticket to 1,141 races out of 1,347. Thats 84.71%.

From the entire decade of the 1990's, NASCAR ran 309 races of which I've collected all 309 including special events such as the All-Star race, Bud Shootout, Qualifying races, etc.

I only need 27 tickets to complete the decade of the 1980's.

I only need 34 tickets to complete the decade of the 2000's.

From NASCAR's golden era, 1949-1971, I've collected 220 different ticket stubs, which is good for a little over 1/5th of the total races run during this period.

My earliest ticket is from race #4 in 1949. NASCAR legend Curtis Turner won this race for his 1st career victory.

I have a ticket to every Daytona 500, every Darlington Southern 500, and almost every Charlotte World 600. (Some of the prestigious crown jewel races).

Some of the tracks I'm struggling to find tickets to are Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond, and North Wilkesboro. Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

Besides official points races from NASCAR's top division, I also collect IROC tickets, select Busch Series (now the Nationwide series), All-Star race tickets, Daytona Qualifying tickets, Busch Clash/Bud Shootout tickets, and other misc NASCAR related events.

I also collect the old ticket/track brochures and pamphlets, media credentials, passes, and other paper items. Most of the tickets are colorful with awesome graphics and pictures of the cars of the era and drivers pics. Really cool pieces of memorabilia.

Anyways, thanks for looking!
Collector of Nascar ticket stubs from 1949-present. 1,464 different tickets and growing! Visit www.nascarticketstubs.com to see which ones I need.

Comments

• Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    Dumb question probably, but have you tried posting Craigslist want ads in the areas that you are missing tickets from? It seems they would be in that area most likely.
  • Options
    I sure have, with little to no success.

Craigslist automated bots now pulls listings from the same user in multiple cities because it thinks I'm spamming.

I used to post in each city after a race there, hoping to score a ticket but it never worked.

I've still got a few craigslist ads up, searching for missing tickets but 99% of the responses I receive are scams/spams
    Collector of Nascar ticket stubs from 1949-present. 1,464 different tickets and growing! Visit www.nascarticketstubs.com to see which ones I need.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sure have, with little to no success.

Craigslist automated bots now pulls listings from the same user in multiple cities because it thinks I'm spamming.

I used to post in each city after a race there, hoping to score a ticket but it never worked.

I've still got a few craigslist ads up, searching for missing tickets but 99% of the responses I receive are scams/spams >>

My wife and father in law have been to every single Fontana race you are missing. I'll check to see what tickets she might have lying around as I know she doesn't really care about the tickets.

Are you collecting these as well:

I'm pretty sure we have COLD passes to the race last weekend (not a HOT pass unfortunately).

At any rate -- I'll ask her about her tickets and maybe I'll dig through her race bag to see if there are any in there. They also go to Daytona and Charlotte every year.
  • Options
    Awesome, yeah let me know if they would part with any, that would be cool to get caught up on my fontana collection!
    And I definately collect any and all credentials and passes, thats a cool one you have there!
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    That was just an example -- I have a COLD pass from Fontana last weekend. I just grabbed that image off the web. I'll ask the wife about tickets.