Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thanks to Philip ... "Angelenocarddude" ... for the '54 Mantle

Many thanks to Phil for selling me this Mantle card. Has to be one of the better "3s" I have seen. I paid just under the VCP for a "3", so I was thrilled with the card. This was one of the cards in my collection (although it was a "PSA 6") that I was forced to sell when my girls were diagnosed. GREAT to get it back.

Timing was great, as I had just sold a few cards and had the money available when Phil put the card up for sale.

Looking at the card in hand, although it is a little hard to tell, I am going to say there is a little paper loss on the right side of the reverse, thus the "3" slab.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff! Congrats.
  • Options
    Defintely a beauty and great centering for a 3. Gotta love the Mick along with some of these board members.

Great pick up Doug.
  • Options
    That's about as nice a 3 as you'll find. Great pickup.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    That card is an American Classic!

Congrats

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    That is a beautiful card...nice pick up!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    welcome home Mick!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. Definitely happy to get the card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    LOVE that Centering!!!

Great Pickup!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yeah Eric ... centering is very important to me and I think this one is centered very well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug