Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Gold Coins of the World: From Ancient Times to the Present - Friedberg

Is this the best single source for World gold coins?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just ignore the prices. I've been specifically collecting coins pictured in books and have one from this book (#59):

Head/Rv. Statue of Octavian on horseback. Struck during the Triumverate of 43-36BC
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been specifically collecting coins pictured in books ... >>

That's a neat twist I haven't heard before! Are you collecting the actual coins pictured, or the same types/varieties as the coins pictured?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    That's a neat twist I haven't heard before! Are you collecting the actual coins pictured, or the same types/varieties as the coins pictured? >>

I'm looking for the actual coins pictured, which is a pain to track down (and match), but very enjoyable once found. I have two aurei pictured in the Calico references, two from the books of the Biaggi collection, and the Octavian I posted above has been pictured in "The History and Coinage of the Roman Imperators", "Gold Coins of the World", and in Wayne G Sayles book "Ancient Coin Collecting III" on page 43, albeit incorrectly listed as a denarius. It's a small group so far but growing image
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection