Country? Century? Thanks.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    Well, it's definitely from an Arabic/Islamic country. The number on the reverse looks like "1211" or "1311," but the second digit from the left suspiciously looks like the "m" equivalent in Arabic. Also, I don't believe Arabic coins from those years looked anything like that, but I'm not 100% sure. Where did you find it, if I may ask?
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    Well, I was a bit close...
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    It's a "keping" from Malaysia/British North Borneo. Victorian period. Don't recall where Krause lists it, but I'm pretty sure it's in there.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    IcollecteverythingIcollecteverything Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I was a bit close... >>

That seller will drill a hole in it for no extra cost!

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Thanks for posting this. I have had one of these for 5-6 years and could never figure out what it was. Mine only has the rooster on the one side and the other side is worn smooth. Thanks again.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll look it up when I get home.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Anyone know the date of the coin? A couple of my Arab students at school say 1711 but that can't be correct? Can it?

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    According to Krause the coins were minted in 1247ah which is about 1743. However there were some error coins reported with the dates 1147-1219-1241- and 1411. Yours appears to me to be the 1411. However to make things more confusing-the denomination on the reverse is not the one or two keping. It is a six or nine on it's side.
    This information is from the 4th edition of Krause World Coins.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    Singapore Merchant token. Listed as KM Tn3 under Indonesia-Trumon-Anonymous issues in the older catalogs. I don't find it in the current edition.
  • Options
    From what I can tell, the date is 1411. On page 819 in the Krause 19th Century catalogue 5th edition, there is a AH1411 Error Keping listed. Perhaps this is the coin I have? Unfortunately there isn't an image for the "Error" coins.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I too noticed the I’m willing to drill a hole in the coin with NO extra cost if you needed for Jewelry Making quip ...

I can't believe after explaining how "extremely rare" it is, and saying "as a coin collector I never clean my coins to preserve the original patina" they would be willing to drill a hole. They don't want to clean it, and they say it's rare, but they'll drill a hole image

People are ridiculous sometimes.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE