Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New pick up.

Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.

Comments

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's hell of a strike. I may have to add one of those to my type set. Im a bit spread out in what I keep.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    That has a very nice obverse design, I like it a lot.
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous !
    I like that look on copper...it is copper right ? image
  • Options

<< <i>Gorgeous !
    I like that look on copper...it is copper right ? image >>

yes it was the 1st one i picked out.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another nice pick up- Japan 2 Sen- I've never been good at reading the dates but it is pre 1914

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, that's hell of a strike. >>

This was my immediate reaction as well. I don't think I've ever seen the dragon so well defined.

Judging from the yellowish cast to the cardboard of the holder, I'd say the white balance on the camera was off, and perhaps the picture doesn't even do this piece full justice, eh? Is there any trace red on it?

Very nice piece!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, that's hell of a strike. >>

This was my immediate reaction as well. I don't think I've ever seen the dragon so well defined.

Judging from the yellowish cast to the cardboard of the holder, I'd say the white balance on the camera was off, and perhaps the picture doesn't even do this piece full justice, eh? Is there any trace red on it?

Very nice piece! >>

No all chocolate brown but it does have a nice strike. I'm going to send it in next i'll post the grade when it comes back.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Anxiously awaiting that grade
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    This may take some time..... image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice piece, I like those early Japanese coins - a 50 sen from 1897 was one of the first coins in my collection. My dad got it in Japan, but never remembered where or how.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Was he in the military service? Possible it was a time he did not wish to remember? I had a great uncle who fought at Normandy amongst other places. He brought back a bunch of coins (and gave them to me years later) but I never got any stories.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was he in the military service? Possible it was a time he did not wish to remember? I had a great uncle who fought at Normandy amongst other places. He brought back a bunch of coins (and gave them to me years later) but I never got any stories. >>

My dad was in the USAF, was based in Okinawa during the time "Habu"- the hooded viper was there, when the A/C went to SE Asia on reconnaissance harvesting missions he went with it. He did trips up into Japan proper - and still speaks well of Japan. He did the Viet-nam thing, which of course he could care less for - but when he came back in late '72 he brought us all kinds of toys that you couldn't get in America - but for me was the big canvas bag full of Japanese, Vietnamese, Singapore, Australian coins and banknotes and a small pile of MPC's that he missed cashing in on a C-day because he was on a mission out in the sticks when C-day came. We played with, broke and lost the toys. I managed to keep all the coins and paper money though and have some good stories like how he lost all the money because of C-day still. I thought I was hot shtuff being a military brat - I got to sit in the SR-71 once and all these years later still remember that plane fondly.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    TTT:

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Why ttt? do you have a grade to post? image

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Ya i rec my grades not what i thought. image

27591311 500324 (1882) M15 2 Sen Japan AU58BN. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not what I would have guessed either. Still hard to beat that as a type coin.