Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Binoculars or Microscope Needed???

Didn't really want to post this in the U.S. coins forum but this isn't a W&A Coins either---better safe then sorry.

While researching my U.S. Tax Tokens on eBay, of the 850+ listings, I happen to "see" this one.

Just wanted to show that there really are worse picture takers then some of us and at least factual with their header!
Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.

Comments

• Coin photography 101. When taking pictures of coins make sure you and the coin are both in the same room.
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    The good news is...you can also shop for a telescope on eBay!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Scanned at 1 dpi. Sorry for my antiquated equipment.... image
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I took a chance on this eBay image which I like to say was shot from a helicopter.
    It turned out to be a lovely toned piece.

• spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭

<< <i>Coin photography 101. When taking pictures of coins make sure you and the coin are both in the same room. >>

ROTFLMAO
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.
  • SenexSenex Posts: 483

<< <i>Didn't really want to post this in the U.S. coins forum but this isn't a W&A Coins either---better safe then sorry.

While researching my U.S. Tax Tokens on eBay, of the 850+ listings, I happen to "see" this one.

Just wanted to show that there really are worse picture takers then some of us and at least factual with their header! >>

Using the magnify option on eBay brings at up to a usable image.
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    I dunno, I always thought LandSat was a cost effective alternative to actually owning a camera. And I really do like the 1 dpi comment!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same room... same planet... close enough...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm glad I took a chance on this eBay image which I like to say was shot from a helicopter.
    It turned out to be a lovely toned piece.

image >>

Interesting backdrop.

What was the coin laying on top of, a crashed WW2 bomber?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was the coin laying on top of, a crashed WW2 bomber? >>

LOL, the table used is as old and has the same patina as the coin?
  • rec78rec78 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually see that token pretty clearly if you use the magnifier. Must be a person new to photography and does not know how to crop a picture yet.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Looks to me like the concrete slab that used to have vinyl or linoleum flooring glued to it, and then peeled away or removed. I've seen a lot of concrete slabs that resemble that image on construction jobs.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE