Home Stamps Forum

Came over here to see what sort of action is on the stamp forum...

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
None I guess...

Comments

• ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Nope, been like this for years now.
  • ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    The monthly coin/stamp show in Ottawa has a healthy amount of stamp collectors hunting, I wonder if there are other forums they prefer? or if they all keep it offline? snail mailing each other? nah probably not

• originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭
    There are most definitely other stamp forums out there, many with thousands of threads. For whatever reasons, never caught on around here. Like chatting to oneself in a ghost town.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody uses stamps anymore,,,,,,, everything is done on the internet image

See, I just posted this and I didn't need a stamp, and it got here instantly. Bad news for the post office.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Our postal system wants you to take your business else where, because they are loosing money hand over fist.

My stamps have not gained popularity, I'm going to hold onto them for another decade and see where I'm at. I hope I live that long to see some appreciative value.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The post office for years offered commemoratives that no one wanted and look at them now

oh wait thats what the US mint is doing now hmmmmm

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Most of the chatter on other stamp forums about PSE is why don't they offer more variety with the encapsulation service. They will slab singles and pairs. A lot of people collect blocks, panes and sheets, first day covers, postal covers, etc... And the set registry reflects this lack.of service. I'd submit every plate block I had if they had a registry set for it.

Look what PCGS did. What I used to know as culls now sell at a premium for "Low Ball" sets. Put some of the marketing guys on this for the stamp side. I'm a share holder and a collector. Why hasn't this happened yet? If they can slab comic books, surely, we can do something bigger than a 1" x 2" piece of gummed paper.

But that's just my 2 cent Washinton with disturbed gum.