Home Precious Metals
Options

We are also part of the problem

Gold is holding today, by that I mean it's above 1600.

Well, after serious thinking and looking for the truth, I've reach a fundamental truth. We, all of us who have bank deposits, invest in the stock market, invest in any kind of paper assets are part of this financial mess. No more blaming the banks, hedge funds, government period. We are aiding this sovereign debt crisis.

If we're in paper assets, unless by direct registration, we are complacent and part of the corruption.

Boy, we sure like the highs of the stock market? We like those profits. But, we all know this will not end well. Do we truly believe some magical genie will come to balance the debts? Ha, think we'll be waiting a long time. History repeats and tells us what is to come.

It may be time to force the system into failure and start over, it's going to happen anyway. I no longer have much sympathy for people/entities who experience confiscation or higher taxes because we allow it by our complacency. Letters, emails, rallies, etc. just don't work, never did/never will.

Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our current economic system requires us to be somewhat in paper assets (i.e. money in the bank to pay our bills, direct deposit only for some received payments, etc.). One's goal should be to limit that paper exposure to the lowest possible amount.

Trying to make one's own, existing money perform best in the marketplace should not be considered complacency or being part of the problem - it is an effort to stay ahead of the problem (and yes, to get further ahead by profiting). Creating personal debt, either directly for investments or to free up existing hard money for investments could be considered being part of the problem. After all the root cause of the entire economic problem is debt at all levels.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    And one of the key features in this debt-based system is the unlawful and unconstitutional monopoly a private banking cartel has on the issue of the only legal-tender currency used in the United States : the Federal Reserve Note. The psychopathic owners of these banking cartels worldwide apparently will stop at nothing to destroy us. And we are guilty for allowing this egregious violation of our constitutional principles and free market precepts. Who else can we blame but ourselves for not standing up for and requiring the rule of law in our own land? They are only taking what we give them, and we have handed them the world on a silver platter.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    1jester,

We have stood up and demanded rule of law enforcement. Has that been working for the global economy? I think not. I believe the most peaceful way to regain a growing economy and further freedom "the American Dream" is do weaken the opponent through their strength, fiat currency. Yes, it's going to be very painful.

If everyone would get out of the paper system, you'll basically break the bank! No pun untended.

Do we understand that what happens in Europe will happen here. Is anyone in denial of that? Pensions here (public) are broke and will never be funded. Bank taxes, Holiday Bank Closings will occur. Forced Loans will be implemented.

Yes, I do believe free people have the right to free enterprise, invest in stocks, bonds, etc. Short or Long, however when the quest to make money overrides moral obligation to humanity, then it's time to get out of the system to ex sponge the corruption.

God Bless
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    History repeats and tells us what is to come.

Can you cite an example from history that mirrors the current economy?
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...We are aiding this sovereign debt crisis...If we're in paper assets, unless by direct registration, we are complacent and part of the corruption...

Opinions? >>

I agree with you but can't blame anyone who participates. My older sister works for Bank of America (Merrill Lynch) and USDs have been falling from the sky onto their heads for 4 straight years. Human nature (and common sense) is to place some of it into one's pocket.

The manna raining down from The Fed might not feed the masses but it sure keeps the politicians, bankers, and wealthy happy!
  • Options
    No blame is intended toward anyone, just trying to make non-judgemental observations. History lesson coming soon.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many laws, too few principles. Too easy for bankers to buy politicians, and too easy for politicians to buy votes. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you the ordeal.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>History repeats and tells us what is to come.
    Can you cite an example from history that mirrors the current economy? >>

The Roman Empire ruled much of the world, debased its currency during its later years, and ended badly.

The reason it took so long for the Roman Empire to collapse is that they hadn't invented derivatives yet. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    The Roman Empire ruled much of the world, debased its currency during its later years, and ended badly.

The Roman lost the elasticity in their bullion-based economy when they couldn't invade more lands. The debasement in their coins was done to pay soldiers to fight with cheaper coins, but as they cheapened their money, their mercenaries lost interest.

..ended badly. Yes, but not from currency debasement, more like social debasement.

Where are the similarities?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about the french assignat?

• Options
    How about the french assignat?

That was emergency money, more like Civil War tokens and script. What parallels do you see?

• Options
    It's 10 years since the start of the Iraq war.

If we had a gold-backed currency, then the Iraq war would have never been fought. The Government's main problem would not have been how to get everyone to agree to the war, but how to pay for it. Since they couldn't just print the money needed ($ Trillion off the books as an "emergency measure") they would have had to ask us to pony up the money before hand or during, and I think we all would have said the same thing - NO. So, for reasons like that I agree with KUCH. However, as with anything, there are unintended consequences.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The initial assignat as emergency money is like QE 1 How come they never respond to an emergency and then withdraw it

Add money or liquidity , save your bacon and then withdraw it. The problem is they just always double down because no one wants to make the hard decision or fail to get elected and it goes nuclear. Hence we wind up with QE to infinity and they wound up with a lot of headless frenchmen. Its the same issue as it always is. We elect people to fix a problem and once they get in they forget all about the problem and start thinking about re election. They become one with the machine.

in a modern parallel to the assignat another proposal to backstop the Cyrus situation with church property , mortgage church lands in Cyprus to save the banks image

church pledges

Until we get rid of the fiat and the fractional reserve banking its never going to end. You can't just simply string up all of the bankers you have to change the system.

• Options
    You can't just simply string up all of the bankers you have to change the system.

The bankers are "the system". I'm sure they let you crash their private party.
  • Options
    I would say complicity exists with injustice when you have people who knowingly enter into fraudulent or unjust contracts, but a contract under duress or where there are no other options or in the case of an extortion agreement, there is no real complicity. Catholics have a term for excessive self-judgment when it comes to ethics, "scrupulosity". You have to live in the real world. If you owned stock in a company that harvested the cells of dead babies for rejuvinative health benefits you would be part of the monster. If you make a deal with the devil like Faust or "the Devil and Daniel Webster" you will pay for it in the next world. One way or another justice must be meted out.

Are you talking about eBay?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We are also part of the problem

Gold is holding today, by that I mean it's above 1600.

Well, after serious thinking and looking for the truth, I've reach a fundamental truth. We, all of us who have bank deposits, invest in the stock market, invest in any kind of paper assets are part of this financial mess. No more blaming the banks, hedge funds, government period. We are aiding this sovereign debt crisis.

If we're in paper assets, unless by direct registration, we are complacent and part of the corruption.

Boy, we sure like the highs of the stock market? We like those profits. But, we all know this will not end well. Do we truly believe some magical genie will come to balance the debts? Ha, think we'll be waiting a long time. History repeats and tells us what is to come.

It may be time to force the system into failure and start over, it's going to happen anyway. I no longer have much sympathy for people/entities who experience confiscation or higher taxes because we allow it by our complacency. Letters, emails, rallies, etc. just don't work, never did/never will.

Opinions? >>

are you suggesting we check out of the System, move to remote cabins, and work on our manifestos?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

are you suggesting we check out of the System, move to remote cabins, and work on our manifestos?

imageyou're making me laugh. The cabin part sounds great, but then I rather go fly my plane than write a term paper.image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt