Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Ancient Gold on Heritage

I decided to consign some of my duplicates to the Heritage CICF auction. Here are the links - let me know if you have any questions about them!

Antoninus Pius Aureus
Nero Aureus
Arsinoe II Octadrachm

Heritage did a good job on the images. The octadrachm has considerably more luster in-hand, the Antoninus Pius is just a stunning coin, and the Nero is a relatively rare type for him with an attractive portrait.

Some provenance information: I bought the Nero and Octadrachm from Harlan J. Berk, and the Antoninus Pius aureus came from a Goldberg auction.
Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection

Comments

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt - CICF is in one week!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the cash on hand I would throw a few bids out. Some real stunners.

Huge fan of the huge Octadrachm.
  • Options

<< <i>If I had the cash on hand I would throw a few bids out. Some real stunners.

Huge fan of the huge Octadrachm. >>

Thanks!
  • Options
    Ttt - 36 hours remain!
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I don't know much about Ancients but that Arsinoe octadrachm is a stunning coin! Good luck in the auction and I'm sure the winning bid will be much higher!

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just enjoyed a brief daydream about having the money to bid strongly on those.

It won't happen in this lifetime, but thanks for the window-shopping opportunity and good luck! image

Goes without sayin' those are breathtaking coins.

If memory serves, you had TWO Antoninus Pius aureii, right? So that isn't your avatar coin for sale?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>I just enjoyed a brief daydream about having the money to bid strongly on those.

It won't happen in this lifetime, but thanks for the window-shopping opportunity and good luck! image

Goes without sayin' those are breathtaking coins.

If memory serves, you had TWO Antoninus Pius aureii, right? So that isn't your avatar coin for sale? >>

Thanks image The sale did well and I actually had three Antoninus Pius aurei but have just sold off two of them, leaving my avatar as my remaining example of the benevolent emperor!