Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

110 offers for 1 coin

bit overpriced ?

gold byzantine coin
collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I love these things that are "extremely rare!!!" but lack any catalog reference or indication the seller knows anything more about it than what he found on the flip and Wikipedia.

"Well, damn, Bob, I ain't never seen one before.. must be rare!"

Does eBay accept listings Zimbabwean dollars now?

Edit - forgot they lopped off a few zeros in Mugabe-land.. that's too much even in Zimbabwe dollars = $58,000 USD.
  • wow, spoon is really here!
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZIMBAWY $ CHANGED OVER NIGHT
    NOW ONLY WORTH $ 58......
    CHIEF NEEDED TO PAY FOR THE DOWRY OF A NEW WIFE...
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the FVF and eBay Bucks would be on $21 Million. image

At least it really is a piece of ancient gold. Usually these multimillion dollar listings will be something like a VG Bust dime or a Wheat cent with a common clipped planchet.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you get FREE one day shipping worldwide.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    I wonder if the start price was initially unintentional, but got out of hand trying to get ebay to accept the value. Germans write a Euro value as 123,45 and not 123.45 as we would.
  • spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Also very weird is that all the offers are from bidders with similar user ids...letter/number *** letter/number. And of the 100+ offers, there are only 4-5 with feedback over 1000, most way less.
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But you get FREE one day shipping worldwide. >>

It would be funnier if they were charging for shipping.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Also very weird is that all the offers are from bidders with similar user ids...letter/number *** letter/number. And of the 100+ offers, there are only 4-5 with feedback over 1000, most way less. >>

My feedback is less than 600 and it's my 14th year on ebay. There is a variety of reasons for that low yearly average.

If you look at the offers, all are left to expire, except for two days in March where he actually paid attention and got in the trouble of declining them. Maybe an auction to increase awareness on CARE USA?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    +1 ... I'm at 686 and I joined in 2005
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE