Home Precious Metals
Options

senate JP morgan hearing today

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Senate got back the results of the investigation , theres a hearing today and expect some fireworks. A lot of angry senators preening in front of the camera and when all is said and done probably no changes.

Jamie (I'm richer than you) D-bag won't be there , they will have to use ina drew as the pinata for the day .

some crib notes from zerohedge

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if anything of substance happens. Nothing to see here, pay no mind peons, move along, that kind of thing.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Elizabeth Warren be asking questions?

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options

So far its just carl levin and john mccain . I'm wondering if there is an overall strategy here in not calling jamie in. They are working the underlings over pretty good initially maybe something will slip out that puts him under some pressure .

The London crew either wasn't called or being out of the country couldn't be called.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Big To Jail

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    The inquisitors all receive large campaign cash from JPM.
    Look for a wink after each "tough" question....all show for low information voters.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

There is a site thats live blogging it

its not as gentle a treatment as Jamie would get

a snippet

11:32 am
    Why the OCC stopped getting data
    by David Benoit
    Add a Comment

Levin says it was clear that Jamie Dimon ordered the bank to stop sending profit/loss data from the investment bank to the OCC.

Braunstein looks a little taken aback with his first question. Thinks about it, then says, yes, that was correct. Dimon made the order.

He says it was a period of two weeks that the data stopped going to the OCC. Braunstein says it was an attempt to make sure the data was only going to the regulators. image

note that the transcript is in reverse order the oldest is at the bottom and you have to keep refreshing to get the newest comments which is awkward